12 Days of LUV is Back and Better than Ever!
12 Days of LUV is Back and Better than Ever!
11-30-2015 11:53 AM
11-30-2015 11:53 AM
This year we are partnering with our friends at Dr Pepper to bring back our favorite holiday contest, 12 Days of LUV! Beginning December 1st and lasting for 12 days, we are giving Southwest and Dr Pepper fans the ultimate holiday gift –the chance to win a $1,000 Southwest® gift card every day! Are you ready to win the gift of a destination? Simply follow Southwest Airlines on our social channels (Instagram and Twitter), and during December 1-12, Southwest will ask our followers to be creative with a specific holiday-themed photo/video and upload to Instagram or Twitter. We will pick a winner for the best photo of each day! Follow our posts closely because each day the theme will change. Be sure to include @SouthwestAir and the #12DaysofLUV and #Contest hashtags with your Instagram or Twitter photo so we will be sure to include your entry. Feel free to share your photos on Facebook too, however make sure your official entry is via Instagram or Twitter. Your photo will be judged by a panel of judges on how creative and crafty you can be during this holiday season so get your creative juices flowing! Not a part of Instagram or Twitter yet? Don’t worry; sign up today and start following @SouthwestAir. Specific details will be provided daily via this blog post beginning December 1st and lasting until December 12, 2015. Keep in mind Southwest Airlines and Dr Pepper Employees are not eligible to enter. Be sure to read the full rules and regulations below. Good luck!
Day 12: Post a photo of a Southwest Airlines themed tree topper
“12 Days of LUV” Contest (“Contest”) Official Rules NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING. VOID IN ALASKA, HAWAII, PUERTO RICO, AND WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
- Eligibility Restrictionsa. The Contest is open to all legal residents of the 48 contiguous United States and the District of Columbia who are 18 years of age or older and the age of majority in their place of residence and have a valid e-mail address and an Instagram® or Twitter® account as of December 1, 2015. Eligibility is contingent on agreement to, and compliance with, these Official Rules. Employees of Southwest Airlines Co. (“Southwest Airlines”), Dr. Pepper/Seven Up, Inc. (“Dr. Pepper”) (collectively, “Sponsor”), and the members of their immediate families (spouse and parents, children and siblings and their spouses) and individuals living in the same households of such employees are ineligible to enter or win. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations.b. Only one (1) entry per household and per Instagram or Twitter account is permitted during the Contest Period (as defined below).c. Any eligible individual participating in this Contest shall be a “Participant.” Participants are required to provide truthful information and Sponsor will reject and delete any entry that it discovers to be false or fraudulent. Sponsor will disqualify any entry from individuals who do not meet the eligibility requirements, and Sponsor may delete any entry received from persons under the age of 13 in compliance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act.
- How to Enter the Contest a. The Contest will begin at 10 a.m. CT on Tuesday, December 1, 2015 and will end at 11:59 p.m. CT on Saturday, December 12, 2015 (“Contest Period”). During the Contest Period, potential participants must have an Instagram or Twitter account and use the appropriate tags in their submitted photos and/or videos as described below. This Contest consists of one (1) daily challenge for each day during the Contest Period for a total of twelve (12) challenges. During the Contest Period, potential participants will have to follow Southwest Airlines on Instagram via the handle @SouthwestAir, and/or Twitter via the handle @SouthwestAir. Each daily challenge and time period for entry will be posted daily via the Southwest Airlines “Nuts About Southwest” blog, http://www.blogsouthwest.com/, by 10:00 AM CT. The entry period for each day will last a total of fourteen (14) hours.b. To participate in the Contest, you may enter via the following method:
- Any person found using multiple Instagram or Twitter accounts to enter will be found to be ineligible. Participation must be by the Participant. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of a Participant, the authorized account holder of the Instagram or Twitter account used to enter the Contest will be deemed to be the Participant. Potential winners may be required to show proof of being the authorized Instagram or Twitter account holder. If the identity of the individual who actually participated in the Contest cannot be resolved to Sponsor’s satisfaction, the affected individual’s entry will be deemed ineligible.
- Selection of Winners: This is a contest of skill. Your chances of winning depend on how well your entry reflects the judging criteria, as compared to the other entries in the Contest.The judges will be judging on the following qualities:* Creativity and Originality: 20% * Entertaining: 25% * Southwest and/or Dr. Pepper Appeal (photo should reflect fun Culture and Fun-LUVing Attitude): 35% * Rules (must have read and complied with the Official Rules and entry should reflect the daily challenge): 20%a. The top Contest submissions per day will be selected by a panel of judges provided by Sponsor, whose decisions are binding and final. Participants need not be present to win. All potential winners are subject to eligibility verification by Sponsor. A PARTICIPANT IS NOT A WINNER OF ANY PRIZE, EVEN IF NOTIFIED OF BEING A PRIZE WINNER, UNLESS AND UNTIL THE PARTICIPANT’S ELIGIBILITY HAS BEEN VERIFIED. In the event of a tie, the submission with the highest score in the “Southwest and/or Dr. Pepper Appeal” category will win.
- Prizes:a. Grand Prize: Each winner will receive one (1) $1,000 Southwest gift card®. Twelve (12) Southwest gift card® for a total value of $12,000 will be awarded.
- In the event that a prize or prize certificate is mailed to the winner, it will be with the prior written consent of the winner and therefore, winner assumes the risk of its loss. Sponsor is not responsible for the safe arrival of a prize or prize certificate. Sponsor is not responsible if a potential winner does not receive his or her prize because erroneous, expired, canceled, fraudulent, or fake information was provided during the Contest. Only the prize(s) set forth in these Official Rules will be awarded. If, through printing or production error, or for any other reason whatsoever, more prizes are claimed than intended and/or set forth in these Official Rules, Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes from all legitimate, unawarded, eligible prize claims.
- Conditionsa. Payments of all federal, state and local taxes are solely the responsibility of the winners. Winners may be required to sign an IRS Form W-9 with the winner’s full social security number or the equivalent. Failure to submit a Form W-9 upon request will result in forfeiture of the prize. Winnings over $600 will be reported to the IRS.b. By participating in the Contest, the winners agree to have their name, voice, likeness, photograph, statements, opinions, biographical information, and/or Contest entry used in any advertising or broadcasting material relating to this Contest or otherwise, in any media, worldwide, now known or hereinafter developed, in perpetuity, without additional notice, payment, or other compensation unless prohibited by law, and, where legal, to sign an Assignment and publicity release confirming such consent prior to acceptance of the prize.c. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, stolen, mangled, miss-delivered, postage due, illegible, incomplete or late entries, telephone service outages, delays, busy signals, equipment malfunctions and any other technological difficulties that may prevent an individual from entering or claiming a prize.
- Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any person tampering with the entry process, the operation of Sponsor’s website, or otherwise in violation of the Official Rules. Sponsor further reserves the right to cancel, terminate or modify the Contest if it is not capable of completion as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention or technical failures of any sort. In such event, Sponsor reserves the right, but not the obligation, to award any applicable prize(s) from the entries submitted before the cancellation, suspension, or modification of the Contest. Any attempt to undermine the operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and should such attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Sponsors reserve the right to make changes in the rules of the Contest, including the substitution of a prize of greater or equivalent value, which will become effective upon announcement.
- Failure to comply with the Official Rules may result in a Participant’s disqualification solely at the discretion of the Sponsor.
- The Sponsor is not responsible for typographical or other errors in the printing, the offering or the administration of the Contest, or in the announcement of a prize.
- Copies of the written Official Rules and a list of winners (when complete) may be obtained by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope to Southwest Airlines Co., Emerging Media, P.O. Box 36611, Dallas, TX 75235-1611. All requests must be received by January 20, 2016.
- Limitations on Liability
- Construction and Disputes
- Sponsors Southwest Airlines Co., 2702 Love Field Drive, Dallas, TX 75235 and Dr. Pepper/Seven Up, Inc., 5301 Legacy Drive, Plano, TX 75024.
You must be a registered user to add a comment. If you've already registered, sign in. Otherwise, register and sign in.