This blog was written by Monica Del Rio.
Things are on the move in New Orleans this week as we get ready to begin operating out of a brand new airport. This week, the City of New Orleans officially opens the new facilities at the Louis Armstrong New Orleans International Airport on the north side of the airport. The project has been years in the making and will greatly improve the experience for all travelers and airport Employees.
Effective Nov. 6, 2019, all flights will depart and arrive at the new terminal located at 1 Terminal Drive, Kenner, LA, and the existing facility at 900 Airline Dr., Kenner, LA, will close to the public. We encourage all travelers to check out www.flymsy.com for the latest information on terminal directions and parking information.
Have some time at the airport? Be sure to check out some of the new terminal amenities:
- Fast, free Wi-Fi
- Chargers available at 50 percent of the seats in the gate areas
- Water bottle refilling stations post-security
- Three Nursing Rooms
- Fully-automated restrooms with sanitary seat covers
- A pet relief area post-security
- Music venues located pre and post-security
- An in-line baggage screening system
- Three curbside check-in locations with easy access to the Short Term Garage