CONTEST ALERT: #CarvingTheLUV [UPDATED WITH PATTERNS]
CONTEST ALERT: #CarvingTheLUV [UPDATED WITH PATTERNS]
Update: At the bottom of this post you can download some awesome Southwest patterns to use for inspiration!
Southwest Airlines is gearing up for one of our favorite holidays of the year: Halloween! This year our official theme is “Jack-o’-lanterns are burning bright; time to take a Southwest or AirTran Flight!” What better way to kick off the fall season than to carve a pumpkin? We are looking for some creative, FUN-LUVing, SWA-inspired pumpkin carving to set the mood for our big day.
Sound like FUN? It will be! This year, you could win an invitation to our Halloween bash at our Corporate Headquarters in The Big D.
From October 8 to October 14, contestants may carve their most SWA inspired pumpkin, then tweet a photo to @southwestair via Instagram including the hashtag #CarvingTheLUV to officially enter. On October 15, we will select the top three pumpkins and each winner and his/her guest may travel to Headquarters and experience the festivities in person! See below for official contest details. Creativity and SOUTHWEST SPIRIT encouraged; may the best carver win!
Check us out on Instagram to see some of our FUN photos. And if you need some inspiration, try carving with these examples (you can download these and more, at the bottom of this post!):
1. To Enter: No purchase or obligation necessary. Contest runs from October 8, 5 p.m- CT - October 14, 2012 11:59 p.m. CT (“Contest Period”). To enter, you must have an Instagram account and a Twitter account by 3:00p.m.. C.T. October 8, 2012 , and tweet your photo to @southwestair via your Instagram account using the hashtag #CarvingTheLUV during the Contest Period. The entrant’s Instagram account must be public. Use of any device to automate entry is prohibited. Proof of submission of an entry shall not be deemed proof of receipt by Southwest. Southwest Airlines’ computer is the official time keeping device for the contest. Southwest is not responsible for entries not received due to difficulty accessing the internet, service outage or delays, computer difficulties, or other technological glitches.
By entering, Entrant grants Sponsor an irrevocable, perpetual, royalty-free, freely transferable license to use the photo for all purposes, in any and all media, whether now known or hereafter devised. Entries may not violate any third party rights nor use any third-party intellectual property such as logos or background signs. Entrants acknowledge and agree that their entry does not violate any rights of privacy or publicity and that they have the written permission of those appearing in their photo to submit their image. Entries must not disparage; contain material that is inappropriate, indecent, or vulgar; or promote bigotry, racism, hatred or discrimination based on race, gender, religion, sexual orientation.
Entries are limited to one (1) per person. Sponsor is under no obligation to post any entry.
2. Eligibility: Contest open to all legal US residents, 21 years and older with an Instagram and a Twitter account at the beginning of the Contest Period. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. Contest subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. By participating, entrants agree to these official rules and accept decisions of the Sponsor as final. Void in Puerto Rico and where prohibited by law. Employees and directors of Southwest Airlines, AirTran Airways, and the members of their immediate families (spouse, parents, children, and siblings and their spouses) and individuals living in the same households are ineligible to participate or win.
The promotion is offered in the United States only and shall only be construed and evaluated according to United States law. Do not proceed in this site if you are not located in the United States.
3. Judging & Prizes: The photos will be judged and the winners selected by a Southwest Airlines panel of judges from the Communications Department on or about October 10, 2012.
The judges will be judging on the following qualities:
• Creativity and Originality: 20%
• Entertaining: 25%
• Southwest Appeal: 35% Entry should reflect our Culture and Fun-LUVing Attitude
• Rules: 20% Read and complied with the Official Rules
All prizes are guaranteed to be awarded. 4. Prize: Three (3) Grand Prizes will consist of: two (2) roundtrip airline tickets on Southwest Airlines from the closest major airport to winner's residence served by Southwest Airlines on published, scheduled service (subject to Southwest Airlines’ terms and conditions; certain restrictions may apply) to Dallas Love Field Airport, visit to Southwest Airlines Headquarters for Halloween, and 1 night at a hotel (double occupancy) in Dallas (meals, telephone calls, tips, transportation to/from departing airport, and other incidentals and costs are not included). No substitutions, cash equivalents or transfers of a Grand Prize permitted, except at the sole discretion of Sponsor. Winner and guest, if any, must travel on dates and times specified by Sponsor. Exact travel dates are at the discretion of Sponsor. All persons must depart and return to the same airport. Prize is not transferable or redeemable for cash. Approximate Retail Value (ARV) of each Grand Prize is approximately $1,500. ARV of all Grand Prizes is approximately $6,000.
5. To Claim Prize: Potential Winners only will be notified by Direct Message via Twitter, and will be required to complete and sign an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability Release and, where legal, a Publicity Release, which must be returned within seven (7) days after prize notification or prize will be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner. If prize notification letter is returned undeliverable, the prize will be awarded to an alternate winner. Grand Prize winner’s guests, or if minor(s) their parent(s)/legal guardian(s), must execute Liability Releases, and where legal, Publicity Releases prior to the issuance of travel documents. Unclaimed or undeliverable prize will be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner. Prize is not transferable or redeemable for cash. Prize is guaranteed to be awarded. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission (except where prohibited) to use winner’s name, hometown and likeness for purposes of advertising, promotion, and publicity in any media without additional compensation.
6. Limitation of Liability: Neither Sponsor, nor their affiliated entities, are responsible for printing or typographical errors in any related materials; stolen, fraudulent, entries or mail; or transactions that are processed or lost due to computer or electronic malfunction. Winner is solely responsible for payment of all federal, state, and local taxes on prize and for any travel or other expenses not specifically mentioned in prize description. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or modify Contest if fraud or technical failure compromise the integrity of the Contest as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. This Contest offer is being made exclusively by Sponsor.
Sponsor not responsible for technical, hardware, software or telephone failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections or fraud, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmission whether caused by Sponsor, user, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the promotion or by any technical or human error which may occur in the process of submissions which may limit a participant’s ability to participate in this promotion.
7. Winners List: To request a Winners’ Name List, send a self addressed stamped return envelope, after October 15, 2012, to:
Southwest Airlines Emerging Media Dept.
2502 Love Field Drive
Dallas, TX 75235
All requests must be received by October 22, 2012. Utah and Washington residents may omit return postage.
You must be a registered user to add a comment. If you've already registered, sign in. Otherwise, register and sign in.