CONTEST ALERT: If I Knew You Were Comin' I'd Have Pinned a Cake
CONTEST ALERT: If I Knew You Were Comin' I'd Have Pinned a Cake
Southwest Airlines is turning 41, and we’re looking for the perfect birthday cake to help us celebrate! Show us some LUV from your kitchen and create your favorite, original cake recipe. No Betty Crocker accepted here! The recipe must be an original creation.
From June 11 to June 18, entrants must create a board titled "Baked With LUV" on their personal Pinterest profile page, including the hashtag #HappyBdaySWA within the description. Once the cake is baked and decorated, pin a picture of your SWA-Spirited treat to your board with a short description on why your cake should win. Participants must then email the link to their Pinterest entry to the contest email (firstname.lastname@example.org) along with their full name and phone number in the body of the email.
On June 18, Southwest’s 41st birthday, the best birthday cake creator will win two free tickets to anywhere Southwest flies. See below for official contest details. Creativity and Southwest Spirit encouraged, and may the best baker win!
To check out Southwest Airlines’ Pinterest page, click here.
“Baked with LUV” Pinterest Contest
Help us celebrate the past 41 years with and cheers to many more with our “Baked with LUV” Pinterest contest. Show us some LUV from your kitchen and pin your favorite birthday cake recipe to win! No Purchase Necessary.
1. Contest Period: Contest runs June 11, 2012 from 9:00 a.m. CT – June 18, 2012 11:00 a.m. CT (“Contest Period”). By participating, entrants agree to these official rules and accept decisions of the Sponsor as final.
2. Eligibility: Contest open to all legal US residents of the 48 contiguous states and the District of Columbia, 18 years and older as of June 11, 2012 Entrants must have a Pinterest profile as of June 11, 2012. Employees of Southwest Airlines, AirTran Airways, their advertising and promotions agencies, and their immediate families (spouse and parents, children and siblings and their spouses), and individuals living in the same households of such employees are ineligible. Contest subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void in Puerto Rico and where prohibited or restricted by law.
The promotion is offered in the United States only and shall only be construed and evaluated according to United States law. Do not proceed in this promotion if you are not located in the United States. Entrants acknowledge and agree that the Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by or associated with Pinterest, and Entrants fully release Pinterest from any cause of action or claim they may have related to entering the Contest, winning a prize, and/or using a prize.
3. To Enter: To enter without purchase or obligation, your pin (with photo of the you and your entry included) must be uploaded within a contest board titled “Baked with LUV” hosted on your own individual Pinterest account page. The participant must then email the link to their Pinterest board entry to (email@example.com) during the Contest Period. For entry, send an email, and copy and paste the link of the entrant’s “Baked with LUV” Pinterest board into the body of the email along with his/her full name and phone number.
Pin Entry: Participants may enter by submitting an original Southwest Airlines decorated cake celebrating Southwest’s 41st Birthday. To enter:
- Entrants will bake and decorate a cake that represents the Southwest Fun-LUVing Spirit and take a creative picture of themselves and the cake
- Entrants must then “pin” a photo of themselves and the cake entry on a contest board on the entrant’s own Pinterest profile page using the hashtag #HappyBdaySWA; and include the recipe and a description of why their cake should win
- Participants must then email the link to their Pinterest entry to the contest email (firstname.lastname@example.org ) along with their full name and phone number in the body of the email.
There is no limit on the number of entries per person; however, each entry must be a unique entry. Duplicate or substantially similar entries, as determined in the sole discretion of Sponsor, will be disqualified. Eligible contest entries could be posted on http://pinterest.com/southwestair/, www.twitter.com/southwestair, and www.facebook.com/southwest and will be available for viewing by all site registrants.
All entries submitted will not be acknowledged or returned. By entering, entrant grants Sponsor an irrevocable, perpetual, royalty-free, freely transferable license to use the contents of the pin and recipe for all purposes, in any and all media, whether now known or hereafter devised. Photos and recipes must not be plagiarized and may not violate any third party rights nor use any third-party intellectual property such as logos or background signs. Entrants acknowledge and agree that their entry does not violate any rights of privacy or publicity and that they have the written permission of those referenced or appearing in their pin. Entries must not disparage; contain material that is inappropriate, indecent, or vulgar; or promote bigotry, racism, hatred or discrimination based on race, gender, religion, and/or sexual orientation. Use of any device to automate entry is prohibited. Proof of submission of an entry shall not be deemed proof of receipt by Southwest. Southwest Airlines computer is the official time keeping device for the Contest.
Noncompliance with any entry procedure will result in disqualification. Sponsor and Pinterest are not responsible for any computer, online, telephone, or technical malfunctions or delays that may occur, or for telecommunications, network, electronic, technical, or computer failures of any kind, including any damage to a user's computer equipment, or for the incorrect or inaccurate capture of any entry information, or for failure of any e-mail or entry to be received by Sponsor for any reason. Incomplete, garbled, or unintelligible entries will be disqualified.
4. Judging: On or about June 18, 2012 (Southwest’s birthday), a panel of judges from Southwest will pick one (1) grand prize winner. Entrants need not be present to win. Prize is guaranteed to be awarded. Your chances of winning depend on how well your entry reflects the judging criteria, as compared to the other entries in the contest.
The judges will be judging on the following qualities:
- Creativity and Originality: 25%
- Representation of Southwest Spirit: 30%
- Visual Appeal: 20%
- Capturing Culture of Southwest Airlines: 20%
- Photo Presentation: 20%
5. Prizes: One (1) Grand Prize to consist of
- 2 Roundtrip tickets to anywhere Southwest flies
- Guest blogger spot on the Nuts About Southwest Blog
Value of Grand Prize is approximately $800 and is subject to change based on the destination and the travel dates selected by Winner. No substitutions, cash equivalents, or transfers of the prize are permitted. Travel subject to Southwest’s terms and certain blackout dates and restrictions may apply. All travel must be completed by June 18, 2013.
6. To Claim Prize: Potential winner only will be notified by Southwest Airlines, and will be required to complete and sign an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability Release and, where legal, a Publicity Release, which must be returned within three (3) days after prize notification or prize will be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner. If prize notification letter is returned undeliverable, the prize will be awarded to an alternate winner. Winner's guest, or if minor, their parent(s)/legal guardian(s), must execute a Liability Release, and where legal, Publicity Release prior to the issuance of travel documents. Unclaimed or undeliverable prize will be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner. Prize is not transferable or redeemable for cash. Prize is guaranteed to be awarded. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission (except where prohibited) to use winner's name, hometown, and likeness for purposes of advertising, promotion, and publicity in any media without additional compensation.
7. Limitation of Liability: By participating, you agree that the Sponsor, Pinterest, their parent, subsidiaries, and affiliates, and all of their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents, will have no liability whatsoever for any liability for any injury, loss, or damages of any kind to persons, including death, and property, due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from the acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of a prize or participation in this contest.
Neither Sponsor, Pinterest nor their affiliated entities, are responsible for printing or typographical errors in any related materials; stolen, fraudulent, entries or mail; or transactions that are processed or lost due to computer or electronic malfunction. Winner is solely responsible for payment of all federal, state, and local taxes on prize and for any travel or other expenses not specifically mentioned in prize description. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or modify Contest if fraud or technical failure compromises the integrity of the Contest as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. This Contest offer is being made exclusively by Sponsor.
8. Winner's List: To request a Winner's List, send a self addressed stamped return envelope, after June 18, 2012, to Southwest Airlines Social Marketing Team. All requests must be received by June 25, 2012. Utah and Washington residents may omit return postage.
9. Sponsor: Southwest Airlines Co., P.O. Box 36611, Dallas, TX. 75235-1611
You must be a registered user to add a comment. If you've already registered, sign in. Otherwise, register and sign in.