Destination Bracket Sweepstakes
Destination Bracket Sweepstakes
03-11-2016 10:55 AMbstrickland
03-11-2016 10:55 AM
The anticipation is rising as fans and teams are on the edge of their seats (and benches) waiting to hear who’s grabbing their beach shoes and who’s packing up for the season. Our elite destination selection committee is hard at work applying the RRPI (Rapid Rewards Performance Index™) algorithm to determine the teams that will soon battle in the brackets for number one. A single remaining bracket spot in our Destination Bracket can only be filled by you—the dedicated fans—so head on over to Twitter to cast your vote and stay tuned for this Sunday when the final bracket is announced. DESTINATION BRACKET SWEEPSTAKES OFFICIAL RULES NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID IN ALASKA, HAWAII, PUERTO RICO AND WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
- Eligibility: Sweepstakes open to all legal residents of the 48 contiguous United States and the District of Columbia who are 18 years of age or older and have a valid e-mail address and Facebook® account at the time of entry. Employees of Southwest Airlines Co. (“Sponsor”), its advertising and promotions agencies, and their immediate families (spouse and parents, children and siblings and their spouses) and individuals living in the same households of such employees are ineligible. Eligibility is contingent on agreement to, and compliance with, these Official Rules. Sweepstakes subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. This Sweepstakes is offered in the United States only and shall only be construed and evaluated according to United States law. Do not enter this Sweepstakes if you are not located in the United States.
- To Enter: Sweepstakes runs from March 18, 2016 through April 4, 2016 (“Sweepstakes Period”).
- First period: March 18, 2016 – March 21, 2016
- Second period: March 24, 2016 – March 25, 2016
- Third period: April 2, 2016
- Fourth period: April 4, 2016
- Drawing: Sponsor will conduct a random drawing for each Sweepstakes Matchup Period. Each eligible entry that predicts a destination matchup winner during a Sweepstakes Matchup Period will be entered into that period’s random drawing. Entries from each Sweepstakes Matchup Period do not carry over to another Sweepstakes Matchup Period. The random drawings will occur on the following dates:
- First period: March 24, 2016
- Second period: March 28, 2016
- Third period: April 5, 2016
- Fourth period: April 7, 2016
- Prize: There will be fifteen (15) prizes awarded as follows:
- First period: Eight (8) winners will each be awarded one Southwest® gift card worth $25
- Second period: Four (4) winners will each be awarded one Southwest® gift card worth $50
- Third period: Two (2) winners will each be awarded one Southwest® gift card worth $100
- Fourth period: One (1) winner will be awarded one Southwest® card worth $400
- To Claim Prize: Winners will be notified as specified above and will be required to complete and sign an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability Release and, where legal, a Publicity Release (collectively, the “Required Documentation”). If a potential winner cannot be contacted using the information provided or fails to respond to Sponsor’s attempt to notify them of selection within three (3) days; if any notification is returned as undeliverable or yields an error of undeliverable type “bounce back” email (regardless if the message is ultimately delivered to the recipient); if Sponsor is unable to verify potential winner’s eligibility; if potential winner fails to sign and return the Required Documentation within the required time period or fails to comply with these Official Rules; if any prize is returned undeliverable; if a potential winner is unable or unwilling to accept the prize as stated; or if the potential winner cannot be verified as eligible for any other reason, the potential winner is disqualified and an alternate winner will be selected by random drawing from among the eligible entries containing a correct code word. In the event that a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, the next received and eligible entry received by Sponsor that is fully compliant with these Official Rules shall be deemed the winner, until the prize is awarded or until four (4) attempts have been made to award the prize and each attempt has failed. Sponsor will identify each potential winner and verify the potential winner’s eligibility after the end of the Sweepstakes Period. If unable to verify eligibility, Sponsor will select an alternate potential winner within a reasonable time thereafter. If applicable, winner’s guest must execute a Liability Release and, where legal, Publicity Release, prior to the issuance of travel documents. If a guest is under eighteen (18) years of age, a parent or a legal guardian must sign on behalf of such guest and accompany such minor guest.
- Conditions: Payments of all federal, state, and local taxes are solely the responsibility of the winner. Winner will be required to sign an IRS Form W-9 with the winner’s full social security number or the equivalent. Failure to submit a Form W-9 upon request will result in forfeiture of the prize. Winnings of $600 or more will be reported to the IRS.
- Limitation of Liability: NEITHER SPONSOR NOR ITS SUBSIDIARIES AND AFFILIATED ENTITIES ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR PRINTING OR TYPOGRAPHICAL ERRORS IN ANY SWEEPSTAKES-RELATED MATERIALS OR TRANSACTIONS THAT ARE PROCESSED LATE OR INCORRECTLY OR ARE LOST DUE TO COMPUTER OR ELECTRONIC MALFUNCTION. WINNER IS SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR PAYMENT OF ALL FEDERAL, STATE, AND LOCAL TAXES ON PRIZE AND FOR ANY TRAVEL OR OTHER EXPENSES NOT SPECIFICALLY MENTIONED IN PRIZE DESCRIPTION. SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO CANCEL OR MODIFY SWEEPSTAKES IF FRAUD OR TECHNICAL FAILURE COMPROMISES THE INTEGRITY OF THE SWEEPSTAKES AS DETERMINED BY SPONSOR IN ITS SOLE DISCRETION.
- CONSTRUCTION AND DISPUTES: Participants waive any right to claim ambiguity in these Official Rules. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of any participant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively governed by, and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Texas, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions (whether of the State of Texas, or any other jurisdiction) that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Texas. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any such provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these Official Rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein. Any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys’ fees. Sponsor reserves the right to correct clerical or typographical errors in Sweepstakes materials or these Official Rules. Sponsor's failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
- Official Rules and Winner’s List: Official Rules and Winner’s List (when complete) may be obtained by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope to Southwest Airlines Co., Emerging Media, P.O. Box 36611, Dallas, Texas 75235-1611.
- Sponsor: Southwest Airlines Co., 2702 Love Field Drive, Dallas, Texas 75235.
You must be a registered user to add a comment. If you've already registered, sign in. Otherwise, register and sign in.