Southwest is excited to partner with Discovery for the eighth consecutive year to bring the LUV of sharks to the skies for Shark Week 2022!
We’re chomping at the bit for Shark Week to begin, and we couldn’t possibly wait until July 24 for new episodes of heart-racing shark content! Starting July 1, Customers can sink their teeth into an exclusive pre-premiere episode of Shark Week for free on Southwest’s Inflight Entertainment Portal.
The exclusive episode, “Dawn of the Monster Mako,” follows a team of marine biologists as they track the top speed of the fastest shark in the ocean, the Mako, and follow the species’ hunting strategy.
In addition to watching the never-before-seen episode, Customers can brush up on their shark knowledge before Shark Week officially kicks off on July 24. Customers can watch three previously-aired Shark Week episodes while onboard: The Spawn of El Diablo, Extinct or Alive: Land of the Lost Sharks, and Air Jaws: Ultimate Breach Off.
Southwest Customers can also prepare for the most exciting week of the year by using the Shark Week AR filter on social media. Don’t forget to post your Shark Week selfies to your Instagram Story and tag @southwestair for a chance to be featured on the official Southwest Instagram page!
To access the filter, click this link on your mobile device:*
How to use on Instagram:
- Search for the filter by Shark Week IRL or click on one of the direct links above.
- When the filter appears, switch to the rear-facing camera.
- Press and hold the button in the bottom center to start recording a video.
- Tap your screen where you'd like to place the shark.
- Add tags for @Discovery, @SharkWeek, and @SouthwestAir and share to your Instagram Story.
- You can also download your content to share on other social platforms.
Whether Customers are flying to the beach, the mountains, or the desert, they can get their adrenaline pumping with Dawn of the Monster Mako on their next Southwest flight!
*Might not be accessible on Southwest network