Nonstop Love: MORELANDO
Nonstop Love: MORELANDO
Beginning October 13, Dallas Love Field is FREE! The restrictions of the Wright Amendment will be gone, ushering in nonstop destinations that span from coast to coast. Southwest has been counting down the years and weeks (literally—we have a billboard at the Love Field entrance and a countdown clock in our Headquarters lobby) until we can say, “Goodbye, Wright Amendment. Hello, America!"We are excited to begin this new era by serving five new nonstop destinations on October 13, followed by ten additional new nonstop destinations on November 2. The addition of these 15 new nonstop destinations will bring Southwest to a total of 31 nonstop destinations from Love Field. In anticipation of this momentous event, each week we will take a look at one of the cities that North Texas Customers will be able to soon visit nonstop on Southwest. Each post is written by a Southwest Employee who is affiliated with the city and can give an insider’s view of what to see and do while visiting. Enjoy! I was lucky to spend a semester working as a part of the Walt Disney World College Program, so I have great memories working and living at one of the happiest places on earth. Obviously, I’m biased, but I recommend visiting Orlando for the theme parks! Walt Disney World Resort is a must-do and an absolute blast. Although I live in Dallas now, I take multiple trips a year to visit my many friends there and check out new park features—I’ve even gotten to chronicle some of these experiences for Southwest’s YouTube channel. In terms of daily departures, Orlando is Southwest’s tenth busiest airport, serving connections to over 40 cities. It gives a great glimpse of Florida, and lets people of all ages relax and explore. Who needs a beach when you have so much excitement right in front of you? From tranquil resort get-a-ways to fast-paced adventure spots, you’re sure to find something you’ll love. Here are some of my favorites! Your Orlando to-do list: To Eat:
- Rocco’s Tacos: Located on Little Sand Lake, the taco and tequila bar takes food and drink service to the next level. Rocco’s Tacos has a great atmosphere and delicious, reasonably-priced food. Be sure to try their tableside guacamole—it’ll rock your world.
- Butterbeer: If you aren’t a Harry Potter fan (or if you’re just a Muggle), this may sound strange, but trust me: you have try frozen Butterbeer at the Wizarding World of Harry Potter in Universal Studios. You won’t regret it. It’s a special concoction based on a drink of the same name in the series, and it’s nonalcoholic.
- Walt Disney World: Of course, I have to recommend Walt Disney World! I’ve been to all of the parks many times, but still haven’t done everything there is to do. Go explore and have FUN! You’ll never have the same visit twice, and be sure to stop by Soarin’ in Epcot (it’s one of my all-time faves).
- Universal Orlando: With a variety of high-thrill rides, Universal Orlando has something for all the adrenaline junkies. And as I mentioned before, you have to try Butterbeer and see the Wizarding World of Harry Potter. Its new additions will put you right in the middle of the stories!
- Gatorland: It may sound a little terrifying, but Gatorland is super cool. At Gatorland you’ll be able to get up-close and personal with not just alligators and crocodiles but a variety of different animals—birds, snakes, turkey, and more. There’s also a 1,200-foot zip line that takes you right above their alligators and crocodiles.
- Discovery Cove: See the dolphins and sharks at Discovery Cove. And by “see,” I mean swim with them. They have a Dolphin Interaction activity and a snorkel-friendly bay that puts you just a glass barrier away from reef sharks! The whole park is all-inclusive, so spend your day there.
- CityWalk: Universal Orlando’s CityWalk literally has something for everyone. Want to karaoke? See a show? Eat ice cream? Shop? The list is never ending. Stop by the Hard Rock Café for a show or CityWalk’s Rising Star to sing your heart out. The possibilities are endless.
You must be a registered user to add a comment. If you've already registered, sign in. Otherwise, register and sign in.