October WOW Sale is Here—Where is Your Winter Get Away?
October WOW Sale is Here—Where is Your Winter Get Away?
Winter travel is just around the corner and Southwest Airlines is here to get you where you need to go. Whether your perfect winter get away is hitting the slopes, hiking the desert, or laying on the beach, Southwest is ready to take you on your next adventure with our latest WOW Sale, one of our largest sales of the year.
That’s right, you read it correctly—large sale, with fares as low as $39 one way! Dreams really do come true and is only a click away. Visit Southwest.com to book your perfect winter get away!
Want to travel, but not sure where to go? Here are a few of our favorite winter get aways this year.
Does snow equal winter? Do you love the cold? Do you love the adrenaline pumping through your blood as you glide down a snow-covered mountain? Then you will love two of our newest destinations: Steamboat Springs, CO, and Montrose (Telluride), CO. Pro Travel Tip: Your skies and snowboard fly free! Visit Southwest.com to learn more about our Bags fly free® policy.
Steamboat Springs (Hayden), CO
There is plenty to do in Steamboat Springs via the Yampa Valley Regional Airport (Hayden) from skiing to hot tubbing in the natural springs.
- Hitting the slopes: Steamboat Springs is known for its excellent snowmaking skiing and snowboarding a top attraction for this beautiful winter wonderland. There are plenty of runs for all skill levels including your beginners to expert. Make sure to check out the winter trail map to get a head start on your vacation. No matter your skill level, you are in for a good time!
- Night Skiing: Just because the daylight ends, does not mean the fun does. Take a ride on the Christie Peak Express (high-speed chairlift) to the top of Christine Peak. Choose between the five trails and enjoy all there is to experience at night.
- Hot Springs: Tired from a long day on the slopes? Sit back, relax, and enjoy soaking in the natural mineral water from Steamboat Hot Springs. Nothing says vacation like a nice warm natural hot tub.
- Book your trip to Steamboat Springs (Hayden) now on Southwest.com.
Montrose (Telluride), CO
Similar to Steamboat Springs, Montrose (Telluride) is known for its amazing ski resort, winter activities, and powder-like snow.
- Hitting the slopes: There are plenty of slopes for skiers and snowboarders of all levels. If you are a beginner, you may consider Sunshine, Ute Park, or Prospect Bowl. Intermediate skiers and snowboarders may want to check out Village, Palmyra, or Prospect. Advanced skiers and snowboarders may want to check out Kant-Mak-M, Spiral Stairs, or Mammoth trails. There is an adventure for all.
- Fat Tire Biking: interested in some moderate level activity? Go fat tire biking along the River Trail through town or out to Lawson Hill to the Telluride Brewing Co. along the valley floor.
- Sleigh Ride and Dinner: Take a break from the slopes and take a dinner sleigh ride on one of Telluride’s Sleigh and Wagons.
- Book your trip to Montrose (Telluride) now on Southwest.com.
Maybe snow isn’t your perfect winter get away. Are you looking for something warmer? Check out our beloved Phoenix, AZ. Phoenix is known for its beautiful winter weather with highs in the 60s and lows in the 40s.
There is plenty to do in Phoenix, whether you are looking for something indoors or some outside trails, there is something for everyone.
- Hiking: Experience the desert! Phoenix is known for its parks and preserves in and around the city. Looking for some easy trails, try the Double Butte Loop and Hole-in-the-Rock Trail in Papago Park, Waterfall Trail in White Tank Mountain Regional Park, or the Blevins Trail in Usery Mountain Regional Park. Looking for more of a challenge, try the Hidden Valley via Mormon Trail in South Mountain Park/Preserve, Pinnacle Peak Trail in Pinnacle Peak Park, or the Lookout Mountain Summit Trail in Phoenix Mountains Preserve. Been there, done that? Try one of the more advance trails like the Tom’s Thumb Trailhead in the McDowell Sonoran Preserve, Echo Canyon Trail on Camelback Mountain, or the Piestewa Summit Trail in the Phoenix Mountains Preserve. Whatever your speed is, there is a trail for everyone.
- Biking: Similar to hiking, there are plenty of trails for different skill levels. Beginners should try the Trail 100 - North Mountain, Double Butte Loop - Papago Park, or the Brown’s Ranch Trailhead - McDowell Sonoran Preserve. Looking for more of a challenge, try the Desert Classic Trail - South Mountain Park and Preserve, Desert Classic Trail - South Mountain Park and Preserve, or the Trail 100 - Dreamy Draw Recreation Area. Experts should try the National Trail - South Mountain Park and Preserve, McDowell Mountains - McDowell Sonoran Preserve, or the Black Canyon Trail.
- Zoolights: Have you ever wanted to visit a zoo at night? Now you can! The Zoolights is a cherished holiday tradition with twinkling lights, animal sculptures, and a wildlife lantern safari. Haven’t you always wanted to visit a zoo at night?
- Museums: Take a break from the outdoors and visit one of Phoenix’s amazing museums. Chose from the Phoenix Museum of Art, the Arizona Science Center, the Herold Museum, or the Musical Instrument Museum (MIM). There is more than one way to experience the unique culture of a city.
- Book your trip to Phoenix now on Southwest.com.
Adventure is out there, and we are here to help you get there this winter. With no change, bag, or cancel fees, and with low fares across our expanding network, winter plans have never looked this good. Visit Southwest.com for a full list of fares, fare rules, and terms and conditions.
SOUTHWEST AIRLINES SALE FARE RULES
Purchase today through Oct. 22, 2020, 11:59 p.m. Central Daylight Time. Continental U.S. travel valid Dec.1, 2020, through March 4, 2021. Travel Continental U.S. to/from Hawaii valid Nov. 12, 2020, through April 8, 2021. Interisland Hawaii travel valid Nov. 12, 2020, through April 8, 2021. Travel to/from San Juan, Puerto Rico valid Nov. 12, 2020, through Dec. 3, 2020, and Jan. 11, 2021, through March 4, 2021. International travel valid Nov. 12, 2020, through Dec. 9, 2020, and Jan. 11, 2021, through March 4, 2021. Continental U.S. travel blacked out Dec. 18, 2020, through Dec. 19, 2020, Dec. 23, 2020, Dec. 26, 2020, through Dec. 27, 2020, and Jan. 2, 2021, through Jan. 3, 2021. Travel from continental U.S. to Hawaii blacked out Nov. 19, 2020 through Nov. 22, 2020, Dec. 17, 2020, through Dec. 27, 2020, Feb. 11, 2021, through Feb. 14, 2021, March 19, 2021, through March 20, 2021, March 26, 2021, through March 28, 2021, and April 1, 2021, through April 3, 2021. Travel to continental U.S. from Hawaii blacked out Dec. 26, 2020, through Jan. 4, 2021, Feb. 19, 2021 through Feb. 21, 2021, March 27, 2021, through March 28, 2021, and April 2, 2021, through April 5, 2021. Except as otherwise specified, continental U.S. travel is not valid on Fridays and Sundays. Travel to Ft. Myers/Naples, Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, West Palm Beach, Tampa, Orlando, Steamboat Springs/Hayden, CO, Montrose, CO, and Las Vegas; and from Ft. Myers/Naples, Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, West Palm Beach, Tampa, Orlando, Montrose, CO, and Steamboat Springs/Hayden, CO to Las Vegas is valid only on Sundays through Wednesdays. Travel from Ft. Myers/Naples, Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, West Palm Beach, Tampa, Orlando, Montrose, CO, Steamboat Springs/Hayden, CO, and Las Vegas; and from Las Vegas to Ft. Myers/Naples, Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, West Palm Beach, Tampa, Orlando, Montrose, CO, and Steamboat Springs/Hayden, CO is valid only on Tuesdays through Fridays. Travel continental U.S. to/from Hawaii is valid Monday through Thursday. Interisland Hawaii travel is valid Monday through Thursday. Travel to/from San Juan, Puerto Rico is valid Monday through Thursday. International travel is valid Monday through Thursday. Travel to Mexico is valid only on Sundays through Wednesdays. Travel from Mexico is valid only on Tuesdays through Fridays. Fares valid on nonstop service where indicated; if not indicated, fares are valid on single connecting service. Displayed prices include all U.S. and international government taxes and fees. Points bookings do not include taxes, fees, and other government/airport charges of at least $5.60 per one-way flight. Seats and days are limited. Fares may vary by destination, flight, and day of week and won't be available on some flights that operate during very busy travel times and holiday periods. Travel is available for one-way Wanna Get Away® fares. Fares may be combined with other Southwest Airlines® combinable fares. If combining with other fares, the most restrictive fare's rules apply. Sale fares may be available on other days of week, but that's not guaranteed. Fares are nonrefundable but may be applied toward future travel on Southwest Airlines, as long as reservations are canceled at least ten minutes prior to the scheduled departure. Failure to cancel prior to departure will result in forfeiture of remaining funds on the reservation. Any change in itinerary may result in an increase in fare. Standby travel may require an upgrade to the Anytime fare depending on Rapid Rewards® tier status. Fares are subject to change until ticketed. Offer applies only to published, scheduled service.
You must be a registered user to add a comment. If you've already registered, sign in. Otherwise, register and sign in.