Paws & Points Sweepstakes
Paws & Points Sweepstakes
05-05-2016 07:02 PM
05-05-2016 07:02 PM
Since 2007, our Facebook community has been a place where Southwest Airlines has celebrated, entertained and informed Customers from all over. Recently, we hit the amazing milestone of five million fans on Facebook and we truly couldn’t have done it without our amazing community! To celebrate the millions of fans (both human and furry) we’ll be hosting Paws and Points at the Southwest Porch in Klyde Warren Park on May 5 with local Dallas pet adoption agency, Dallas Pets Alive! giving away Rapids Rewards points. Join us on Facebook Live at 6 p.m. CST to join in on the festivities. Tune in and be ready to share your favorite Southwest Facebook moments and pictures from the years. Thanks for giving us over five million reasons to celebrate! Paws & Points Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) Official Rules NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID IN ALASKA, HAWAII, PUERTO RICO AND WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
- Eligibility: Sweepstakes is open to all legal residents of the 48 contiguous United States and the District of Columbia who are 18 years of age or older and have a valid Rapid Rewards account at the time of entry. Employees of Southwest Airlines Co. (“Southwest Airlines”), (n/a) (“Sponsor”), their advertising and promotions agencies, and their immediate families (spouse and parents, children and siblings and their spouses) and individuals living in the same households of such employees are ineligible. Eligibility is contingent on agreement to, and compliance with, these Official Rules. Sweepstakes subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. This Sweepstakes is offered in the United States only and shall only be construed and evaluated according to United States law. Do not enter this Sweepstakes if you are not located in the United States.
- To Enter: Sweepstakes runs from May 5, 2016 at 5:00 p.m. CST through May 5, 2016 at 11:59 p.m. CST (“Sweepstakes Period”). During the Sweepstakes Period, potential participants must have a Facebook account and display the appropriate answer in their submitted comments and/or photos as described below.
- Drawing: On or about May 5, 2016, a random drawing from all eligible entries received will be conducted by Sponsor. Sponsor will notify potential winner via Facebook. The potential winner will be asked to contact Sponsor with a given email address provided via Facebook. Once potential winner and Sponsor make e-mail contact, Sponsor will provide a photo for the potential winner to upload to the Facebook account the user uploaded the photo with in order to validate their account. Upon validation, potential winner must execute and return the Required Documentation (as defined below). Odds of winning will depend on the total number of eligible entries received. Participants need not be present to win. All potential winners are subject to eligibility verification by Sponsor, whose decisions are final and binding. A PARTICIPANT IS NOT A WINNER OF ANY PRIZE, EVEN IF NOTIFIED OF BEING A WINNER, UNLESS AND UNTIL THE PARTICIPANT’S ELIGIBILITY HAS BEEN VERIFIED.
- Prize: (5) 5,000 Rapid Rewards points. Approximate retail value of prize is $750. Winner is responsible for any additional costs needed to reach their destination if the Rapid Rewards points do not cover the entire cost of the flight.
- To Claim Prize: Winner will be notified by phone and/or e-mail and will be required to complete and sign an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability Release and, where legal, a Publicity Release (collectively, the “Required Documentation”). The Required Documentation will be mailed or emailed, based on the potential winner’s preference upon account validation. If a potential winner cannot be contacted using the information provided or fails to respond to Sponsor’s attempt to notify them of selection within three (3) days; if any notification is returned as undeliverable or yields an error of undeliverable type “bounce back” email (regardless if the message is ultimately delivered to the recipient); if Sponsor is unable to verify potential winner’s eligibility; if potential winner fails to sign and return the Required Documentation within the required time period or fails to comply with these Official Rules; if any prize is returned undeliverable; if a potential winner is unable or unwilling to accept the prize as stated; or if the potential winner cannot be verified as eligible for any other reason, the potential winner is disqualified and an alternate winner will be selected by random drawing from among the eligible entries. In the event that a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, the next received and eligible entry received by Sponsor that is fully compliant with these Official Rules shall be deemed the winner, until the prize is awarded or until four (4) attempts have been made to award the prize and each attempt has failed. Sponsor will identify each potential winner and verify the potential winner’s eligibility after the end of the Sweepstakes Period. If unable to verify eligibility, Sponsor will select an alternate potential winner within a reasonable time thereafter. If applicable, winner’s guest must execute a Liability Release and, where legal, Publicity Release, prior to the issuance of travel documents. If a guest is under eighteen (18) years of age, a parent or a legal guardian must sign on behalf of such guest and accompany such minor guest.
- Conditions: Payments of all federal, state, and local taxes are solely the responsibility of the winner. Winner will be required to sign an IRS Form W-9 with the winner’s full social security number or the equivalent. Failure to submit a Form W-9 upon request will result in forfeiture of the prize. Winnings of $600 or more will be reported to the IRS.
- Indemnification; Limitation of Liability: NEITHER SPONSOR, SOUTHWEST AIRLINES, NOR THEIR SUBSIDIARIES AND AFFILIATED ENTITIES IS RESPONSIBLE FOR PRINTING OR TYPOGRAPHICAL ERRORS IN ANY SWEEPSTAKES-RELATED MATERIALS OR TRANSACTIONS THAT ARE PROCESSED LATE OR INCORRECTLY OR ARE LOST DUE TO COMPUTER OR ELECTRONIC MALFUNCTION.
- CONSTRUCTION AND DISPUTES: Participants waive any right to claim ambiguity in these Official Rules. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of any participant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively governed by, and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Texas, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions (whether of the State of Texas, or any other jurisdiction) that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Texas. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any such provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these Official Rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein. Any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys’ fees. Sponsor reserves the right to correct clerical or typographical errors in Sweepstakes materials or these Official Rules. Sponsor's failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
- Official Rules and Winner’s List: Official Rules and Winner’s List may be obtained by sending e-mail to email@example.com.
You must be a registered user to add a comment. If you've already registered, sign in. Otherwise, register and sign in.