This Saturday, singer-songwriter Ray LaMontagne will light up a stage southwest of San Antonio, TX, before a small private audience for The Artists Den (learn more about them here).
Our CEO, Gary Kelly, has captivated big audiences before, though not because of his musical prowess. But don't let him fool you - Gary's all about the music.
So are many of us at Southwest Airlines. That's why we're giving one lucky winner two tickets to see Ray LaMontagne perform.
Winning is easy! You just need to use your imagination by coming up with a caption for this picture:
What's Gary singing about?!
To enter, answer the above question in the comments section below this post. Before doing so, you must register for an account on Nuts About Southwest with a valid e-mail address (we'll need that to contact you). All comments must be approved by a moderator, so don't get discouraged if your comment doesn't show up right away.
Some things to keep in mind when entering: a) TRAVEL IS NOT INCLUDED. Winner is responsible for transportation to the venue, near San Antonio, TX (winner will be notified about exact location).
b) In the words of Elvis, "Don't be cruel" (or crude). Keep it nice.
Southwest Airlines - The Artists Den Photo Caption Contest
1. To Enter: No purchase or obligation necessary. Contest runs November 11, 2010 from 2:30pm CST - November 12, 2010 8:00am CST. To enter without purchase or obligation, comments must be submitted on Nuts About Southwest. All entries become property of the sponsor and will not be returned. Entries limited to one (1) per person. Anonymous entries will be considered invalid. You warrant your comment will not be sexually explicit, unnecessarily violent or derogatory. It cannot promote drugs, alcohol, or firearms. It cannot contain trademarks, logos or copyrighted materials owned by others.
2. Selection of Winner: On or about November 12, 2010 at 12:00 pm CST, members of the Southwest Airlines Emerging Media Team will review all eligible entries received and choose a winner. The judges will be judging on the following qualities: • Creativity and Originality: 20% • Entertaining: 25% • Southwest Appeal: 35% - entry should reflect our Culture and Fun-LUVing Attitude. • Rules: 20% Read and complied with the official rules.
Prizes are guaranteed to be awarded. Odds of winning will depend on the total number of eligible entries received.
3. Prize: One (1) Grand Prize to consist of • Two (2) tickets to the Artists Den: Ray LaMontagne (APV – all Artist’s Den tickets are invitation only and free) Tickets are non-transferable, and winner and their guest will be required to arrive at event at the same time, each with a valid photo I.D.
4. Eligibility: Contest open to all legal US residents, 21 years and older as of November 12, 2010. Employees of Southwest Airlines Co., the Artists Den, and their advertising and promotions agencies, and their immediate families (spouse and parents, children and siblings and their spouses) and individuals living in the same households of such employees are ineligible. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. Contest subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. By participating, entrants agree to these official rules and accept decisions of the Sponsor as final. Void in Puerto Rico and where prohibited by law.
The promotion is offered in the United States only and shall only be construed and evaluated according to United States law. Do not proceed in this site if you are not located in the United States.
5. To Claim Prize: Winner only will be notified by Southwest Airlines via e-mail, and winner must arrange for travel to The Artists Den venue. Unclaimed or undeliverable prize will be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner. Prize is not transferable or redeemable for cash. Prize is guaranteed to be awarded. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission (except where prohibited) to use winner's name, hometown and likeness for purposes of advertising, promotion and publicity in any media without additional compensation. Winners must execute and return any required affidavit of eligibility and/or liability/publicity release within one (1) day of notification attempt or prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner may be chosen. If a potential winner cannot be contacted, fails to sign and return the required affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release within the required time period, or if a prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, potential winner forfeits prize.
6. Limitation of Liability: Neither Sponsor, the Artist's Den, nor their affiliated entities, are responsible for printing or typographical errors in any related materials; stolen, fraudulent, entries or mail; or transactions that are processed or lost due to computer or electronic malfunction. Winner is solely responsible for payment of all federal, state, and local taxes on prize and for any travel or other expenses not specifically mentioned in prize description. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or modify Contest if fraud or technical failure compromise the integrity of the Contest as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. This Contest offer is being made exclusively by Sponsor.
Sponsor not responsible for technical, hardware, software or telephone failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections or fraud, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmission whether caused by Sponsor, user, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the promotion or by any technical or human error which may occur in the process of submissions which may limit a participant=s ability to participate in this promotion.
7. Winner's List: To request a Winner's Name List, send a self addressed stamped return envelope, after November 12, 2010, to Southwest Airlines Emerging Media. All requests must be received by December 12, 2010. Utah and Washington residents may omit return postage.