Showing LUV to Our Communities for 40 Years
Showing LUV to Our Communities for 40 Years
In Southwest Airlines’ 40th year of service, it’s amazing to look back and see how much we have changed over the years. Since our humble beginnings, there are some things that we’ve held true—building meaningful relationships, showing our LUV and our commitment to our Customers, and making a positive difference in the communities we serve.
In honor of our 40th Anniversary, we want to spread the LUV even further to the communities we serve by giving 40 deserving nonprofit organizations the chance to win 40 roundtrip tickets each—that’s 1,600 tickets total. Starting July 12 through the end of day on July 14, nonprofit organizations focused on community initiatives that concentrate on education, diversity, military, environment, or families facing serious illness can submit a photo illustrating the positive work they do in the community along with their compelling story to firstname.lastname@example.org to explain how they will use the 40 tickets to achieve the organization’s missions in the community.
Don’t miss the opportunity to enter; this contest will only be open for a limited time! And, you’ll want to stay tuned to NUTS About Southwest because we’ll begin announcing ten grand prize winners a week beginning July 26.
This contest is our way to celebrate and thank YOU for your efforts to make the Communities in which we all work and live a better place! So, let me thank you now for helping us show LUV to our communities as we celebrate our Big 4-0.
For more details about how we serve the Asian, African American, Hispanic, and GLBT communities, please visit http://www.southwest.com/html/southwest-difference/southwest-citizenship/ourCommunities.html and click on African American Outreach, Asian Outreach, GLBT Outreach, or Hispanic Outreach.
Southwest Airlines – Showing LUV to our Communities for 40 Years Contest.
1. To Enter: No purchase or obligation necessary. Contest runs July 12, 2011 from 10:00 am CST –July 14, 2011 at 11:59 pm CST. To enter without purchase or obligation, submit a 200 word or less essay and one photo that illustrates the work your nonprofit organization does in the community and how, if selected, your organization would use the 40 roundtrip Southwest Airlines tickets to further your cause. All entrants must be an employee of a nonprofit organization that focuses on community initiatives that concentrate on education, diversity, military, environment, or families facing serious illness. All entrants must prove their nonprofit status by attaching a copy of their 501(c)3 form to their e-mail submission. All entrants must include the nonprofit organization name, entrant’s name, a valid e-mail address, and a phone number with the submission. All entries become property of the Sponsor and will not be returned. Entries are limited to one (1) per organization. Anonymous entries will be considered invalid. You warrant your essay and photos will not be sexually explicit, unnecessarily violent or derogatory, and that you or your organization is the owner of the photo submitted and have permission to use any likeness(es) it may contain. Entries cannot promote drugs, alcohol, or firearms. It cannot contain trademarks, logos or copyrighted materials owned by others.
2. Selection of Winner: On or about July 15, 2011 at 10 am CST, members of the Southwest Airlines Communication & Strategic Outreach Team will review all eligible entries received and choose 40 winners. The judges will be judging on the following qualities:
- Community Impact: 55%
- Creativity and Originality: 25%
- Rules: 20% Read and complied with the official rules.
Prizes are guaranteed to be awarded. Odds of winning will depend on the total number of eligible entries received.
3. Prize: 40 Grand Prizes to consist of 40 roundtrip tickets each, valid for 18 months, on Southwest Airlines to/from an airport served by Southwest Airlines (subject to Southwest Airlines terms and conditions; certain restrictions may apply). APV for each Southwest Airlines roundtrip ticket is $400 making the APV for each Grand Prize $16,000. Grand Prize tickets are non-transferable, and winners will be required upon request to submit a 500 word story or less about how the tickets were used for the nonprofit organization along with three photos for use on Southwest Airlines’ internal and external communication channels.
4. Eligibility: Contest open to all legal US based 501(c)3 nonprofit organizations as of July 12, 2011, focused on the community initiatives described in Section 1. Employees of Southwest Airlines Co. and their advertising and promotions agencies, and their immediate families (spouse and parents, children and siblings and their spouses) and individuals living in the same households of such employees are ineligible to enter on behalf of a qualified nonprofit organization. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. Contest subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. By participating, entrants agree to these official rules and accept decisions of the Sponsor as final. Void in Puerto Rico and where prohibited by law. The promotion is offered in the United States only and shall only be construed and evaluated according to United States law. Do not proceed in this site if you are not located in the United States.
5. To Claim Prize: Potential winners only will be notified by Southwest Airlines via e-mail from email@example.com. Winner will have 48 hours to respond to the e-mail to claim the prize. Unclaimed or undeliverable prize will be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner. Entrants who are not chosen as a winner will not be notified. Prizes are not transferable or redeemable for cash. Prizes are guaranteed to be awarded. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission (except where prohibited) to use winner's name, organization’s name, hometown and likeness for purposes of advertising, promotion and publicity in any media without additional compensation. Winners must execute and return any required affidavit of eligibility and/or liability/publicity release within one (1) day of notification attempt or prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner may be chosen. If a potential winner cannot be contacted, fails to sign and return the required affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release within the required time period, or if a prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, potential winner forfeits prize.
6. Limitation of Liability: Sponsor, nor their affiliated entities, are responsible for printing or typographical errors in any related materials; stolen, fraudulent, entries or mail; or transactions that are processed or lost due to computer or electronic malfunction. Winners are solely responsible for payment of all federal, state, and local taxes on prize and for any travel or other expenses not specifically mentioned in prize description. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or modify Contest if fraud or technical failure compromise the integrity of the Contest as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. This Contest offer is being made exclusively by Sponsor.
Sponsor not responsible for technical, hardware, software or telephone failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections or fraud, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmission whether caused by Sponsor, user, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the promotion or by any technical or human error which may occur in the process of submissions which may limit a participants ability to participate in this promotion.
7. Winner's List: To request a Winner's Name List, send a self addressed stamped return envelope, after July 26, 2011, to Southwest Airlines Communication & Strategic Outreach. All requests must be received by August 25, 2011. Utah and Washington residents may omit return postage.
8. Sponsor: Southwest Airlines Co., P.O. Box 36611, Dallas, TX. 75235-1611
You must be a registered user to add a comment. If you've already registered, sign in. Otherwise, register and sign in.