Southwest Airlines® And Discovery® Provide Customers An Exclusive SHARK WEEK Experience At 35,000 Feet
Southwest Airlines® And Discovery® Provide Customers An Exclusive SHARK WEEK Experience At 35,000 Feet
This release contains: 1 Related Document
Customers boarding a Southwest Airlines (NYSE: LUV) flight can take their seat and watch 'em eat as Sharks Fly Free across the friendly skies! Southwest and Discovery are excited to provide Customers and SHARK WEEK fans traveling this summer an experience they'll really sink their teeth into!
Beginning today, Customers can enjoy SHARK WEEK content onboard Southwest Airlines' WiFi-equipped aircraft via Southwest's exclusive SHARK WEEK channel. Customers will have the opportunity to view a never-before-seen special, Jaws Strikes Back, prior to its television debut. The show follows marine biologist Greg Skomal and the sharkcam team as they film an epic clash of the titans near the remote Pacific Island of Guadalupe, home to some of the largest great white sharks on earth. Their mission: to film Jaws hunt two-ton mega seals.
Discovery Channel's SHARK WEEK, which begins Aug. 10, is the longest running prime time series on television, as well as one of cable's most beloved summertime rituals. This year's SHARK WEEK features new destinations, breakthrough technologies, and exciting celebrity guests...and we're bringing the feeding frenzy to you. Customers flying Southwest Airlines can enjoy SHARK WEEK, live on Discovery, via Southwest's inflight entertainment portal, which delivers free live television programming to passengers' WiFi-equipped personal electronic devices at all phases of flight, compliments of Dish Network. The service is provided through leading inflight content and connectivity partner Global Eagle Entertainment Inc.
"We're always looking for ways to provide our Customers with a memorable experience," said Linda Rutherford, Southwest Airlines Vice President Communication and Outreach. "Partnering with Discovery will allow our Customers to be among the first to enjoy the wildly popular SHARK WEEK content onboard and we couldn't be more excited about this opportunity."
"We're thrilled to bring SHARK WEEK to the skies, giving our fans an inflight experience that celebrates this colossal TV event all summer long," said Josh Kovolenko, Discovery Vice President of Marketing.
Sharks on a plane not enough? Southwest and Discovery want to send you swimming with the sharks! Enter the Dare to Dive Sweepstakes for a chance to win a trip, including roundtrip air travel to Nassau/Paradise Island (in the form of three (3) $1,000 southwestgiftcards®); a three-night stay at the Colonial Hilton Nassau (in the form of a $2,000 voucher); and a diving excursion at Stuart Cove, Bahamas. To enter, visit www.southwest.com/sharkweek today through Aug. 16.
ABOUT SOUTHWEST AIRLINES CO.
In its 44th year of service, Dallas-based Southwest Airlines (NYSE: LUV) continues to differentiate itself from other carriers with exemplary Customer Service delivered by more than 45,000 Employees to more than 100 million Customers annually. Based on the most recent data available from the U.S. Department of Transportation, Southwest is the nation's largest carrier in terms of originating domestic passengers boarded. The airline also operates the largest fleet of Boeing aircraft in the world to serve 93 destinations in 40 states, the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, and five near-international countries. Some flights are operated by wholly owned subsidiary AirTran Airways. Southwest is one of the most honored airlines in the world, known for its triple bottom line approach that takes into account the carrier's performance and productivity, the importance of its People and the communities it serves, and its commitment to efficiency and the planet. The 2013 Southwest Airlines One Report™ can be found at southwest.com/citizenship.
From its first flights on June 18, 1971, Southwest Airlines launched an era of unprecedented affordability in air travel described by the U.S. Department of Transportation as "The Southwest Effect," a lowering of fares and increase in passenger traffic wherever the carrier serves. With Southwest Airlines, Bags Fly Free ® (first and second checked pieces of luggage, size and weight limits apply), and there are no change fees (fare difference may apply) when you need to change your flight. Southwest's fleet offers leather seating and the comfort of full-size cabins, a majority of which are equipped with satellite-based WiFi connectivity over the United States, which enables live and video-on-demand TV currently FREE compliments of DISH, and a new, sustainable cabin interior. Southwest acquired AirTran Airways in May 2011 and by the end of 2014 intends to complete the full integration of the AirTran network into Southwest. With 41 consecutive years of profitability, the People of Southwest and AirTran operate more than 3,600 flights a day. Southwest Airlines' frequent flights and low fares are available online at southwest.com or by phone at 800-I-FLY-SWA.
Discovery Channel is dedicated to creating the highest quality non-fiction content that informs and entertains its consumers about the world in all its wonder, diversity and amazement. The network, which is distributed to 100.8 million U.S. homes, can be seen in 210 countries and territories, offering a signature mix of compelling, high-end production values and vivid cinematography across genres including, science and technology, exploration, adventure, history and in-depth, behind-the-scenes glimpses at the people, places and organizations that shape and share our world. For more information, please visit www.discovery.com.
ABOUT DISCOVERY COMMUNICATIONS
Discovery Communications (Nasdaq: DISCA, DISCB, DISCK) is the world's #1 nonfiction media company reaching more than two billion cumulative subscribers in 223 countries and territories. Discovery is dedicated to satisfying curiosity through 162 worldwide television networks, led by Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, Science and Investigation Discovery, as well as U.S. joint venture networks OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network, The Hub and 3net, the first 24-hour 3D network. Across the Nordic region, Discovery owns and operates SBS Discovery Media, a top-three portfolio of 20 television brands that feature leading nonfiction content, as well as locally produced entertainment programs, sports and the best scripted series and movies from major studios. Discovery also is the leading provider of educational products and services to schools, including an award-winning series of digital textbooks, and owns and operates a diversified portfolio of digital media services, including Revision3. For more information, please visit www.discoverycommunications.com.
ABOUT SHARK WEEK
SHARK WEEK, television's longest running must-see summer TV event, returns to Discovery Channel on Sunday, August 10. Building upon last year's 11 shark-filled specials, a whopping 13 SHARK WEEK shows coupled with a live talk show each night gives this year's SHARK WEEK the most premiere hours ever featured in the event's 27-year history. SHARK WEEK 2013 was the most-watched SHARK WEEK in the event's 26 year history across all key demos including Persons, Men and Women 25-54/18-49/18-34* delivery and even ranked as the #1 network in all of television among Men 18-49 delivery, no exclusions**. For more information, visit SharkWeek.com.
*Source: Nielsen. MultiTrak. NHI Calendar. DISC. Historical Shark Week Rank, Sun-Sat. 8/4/13 – 8/11/13. Live+SD AA% and (000).
**Source: Nielsen. MultiTrak. NHI Calendar. DISC = #1 Network in All of Television. M18-49 Live+SD Delivery Rank. Broadcast & Cable. Mon-Sun, 8/5/13 – 8/11/13.
Dare to Dive Official Rules
"Dare to Dive" Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY
A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING
VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED
1. Eligibility: The Sweepstakes is open to legal residents of the 48 contiguous United States and the District of Columbia who are 21 years of age or older as of date of sweepstakes entry. Employees of Southwest Airlines, Co. ("Sponsor"), Discovery Communications LLC, and each of their respective parent companies, divisions, subsidiaries and all coordinating agencies for the "Dare to Dive Sweepstakes" (the "Sweepstakes"), and the immediate families of each, and persons living in the same household of such employees are not eligible. Sweepstakes is governed by Texas law and is subject to all federal, state and local laws. Void in Puerto Rico, outside the US and where prohibited or restricted. By participating in the Sweepstakes, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the judges and Sponsor, which shall be final and binding in all respects.
2. Sweepstakes Period: The Sweepstakes entry period begins at 8:00 A.M. CT on July 14, 2014 and ends at 11:59 P.M. C.T. on August 16, 2014 (the "Sweepstakes Period").
3. How To Enter: During the Sweepstakes Period, go to www.southwest.com/sharkweek to register for the Sweepstakes. At the sweepstakes website, you will be asked to provide certain registration information to register for the Sweepstakes drawing. Limit one (1) entry per day per person, immediate family, household, dwelling, street address, email address or account, phone line or account, DSL line or account, or cable line or account. If it is discovered that an entrant has attempted to enter with multiple e-mail addresses or under multiple identities, or uses any other method or device to enter multiple times per day during the Sweepstakes Period, such entrant will be disqualified. In the event of a dispute, online entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the Authorized Account Holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry. "Authorized Account Holder" means the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address, and entrant may be requested to provide Sponsor with proof that he or she is the Authorized Account Holder. Proof of submitting an entry will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same e-mail address. Any use of robotic, automatic, programmed or like entry methods will void all entries affected by such methods and be deemed tampering. Any attempt by an entrant to obtain more than one (1) entry, by using multiple/different e-mail addresses or any other methods will void that entrant's entries and that entrant may be disqualified. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for undeliverable e-mails resulting from any form of active or passive e-mail filtering by an entrant's Internet service provider and/or email client or for insufficient space in entrant's e-mail account to receive e-mail. Sponsor's computer is the official time keeping device for the Sweepstakes.
4. Prizes/Approximate Retail Value: The Grand Prize consists of three (3) $1000 southwestgiftcards®, a $2,000 voucher for a 3-night hotel stay at the Colonial Hilton Nassau; and a $600 gift certificate for the Shark Excursion at Stuart Cove. The Approximate Prize Value ("APV") of the Grand Prize is $5,600. The Grand Prize must be accepted as awarded. Currently, Southwest offers daily nonstop flights to Nassau from Baltimore Washington International Airport with limited connecting service. Travel to Nassau will be booked by Southwest Airlines Marketing Department. More than one reservation per person may be required to travel to Nassau. Valid government i.d. is required to travel. Travel on Southwest Airlines is subject to Southwest Airlines terms and conditions; certain restrictions may apply; travel booked will be on Southwest-operated, scheduled service only. If the winner does not live in a city served by Southwest Airlines, he/she is responsible for transportation to the nearest airport served by Southwest Airlines.
Terms for southwestgiftcard: A southwestgiftcard is only redeemable at southwest.com, 1-800-I-FLY-SWA, or any Southwest Airlines ticket counter for air travel only. A southwestgiftcard is not valid for the purchase of Vacation Packages, Cargo, Hotels, Rental Cars, Group Tickets, additional southwestgiftcards, EarlyBird Check-In, International Baggage Fees, or Inflight purchases. Only four total forms of payment, including southwestgiftcards, may be combined per purchase. A gift card is nonrefundable and not redeemable for cash or credit except where required by federal or applicable state law. A gift card is not replaceable if lost, stolen, or destroyed. Protect the card like cash. For balance check, call 1-866-393-2081. For any additional questions, call 214-932-0333. Activation or use of a southwestgiftcard constitutes acceptance of all terms and conditions listed at southwest.com/giftcard.
Colonial Hilton Nassau Gift Certificate: Expires September 1, 2015 and its use is subject to room availability.
Learn to Dive at Stuart Cove Gift Certificate: Participants must be at least 10 years old to participate in the Stuart Cove activity. Gift certificate expires September 1, 2015. Participation is subject to Stuart Cove's participation requirements and participants will be required to execute a liability release.
No substitutions are allowed. Odds of winning a Grand Prize depend on the number of eligible sweepstakes entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. No substitution, cash equivalent, or transfer of a prize will be permitted by winner. However, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize (or an element of the prize) with an alternate prize (or prize element) of equal or greater retail value as determined in the sole discretion of Sponsor. Any entrant who is notified that he/she has won a Sweepstakes Prize is deemed to be a potential winner until such time as Sponsor determines that the entrant is eligible to win in accordance with these Official Rules. Limit one (1) prize per person or household over the course of the Sweepstakes Period. Winner is responsible for any travel related expenses not covered by the Grand Prize.
5. Sweepstakes Drawing: On or about August 18, 2014, a random drawing will be conducted by the Sponsor, whose decisions are final, to award the Grand Prize from among all eligible sweepstakes entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. Entrants need not be present to win. Prize will be awarded only after eligibility has been determined. This shall include, but not be limited to, entrants satisfying all of the elements of the registration eligibility criteria after a review of documentation and determination of Sponsor in its sole discretion, such determination which shall be deemed final. In addition, entrants shall have fulfilled all of the conditions and accurately completed the documentation required herein. Potential winner will be notified by telephone or email, and will be required to complete and sign an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability Release and, where legal, a Publicity Release, which must be returned within seven (7) days after receipt or prize will be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner. If prize notification is returned undeliverable or unclaimed, the prize will be awarded to an alternate winner. Any unclaimed or undeliverable prize will be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner. Participation in this Sweepstakes and acceptance of a prize constitutes permission (except where prohibited) to use winner's name, hometown and likeness for purposes of advertising, promotion and publicity in any media without additional compensation. Allow 2-3 weeks for prize delivery.
6. Conditions of Participation & Certain Restrictions: The entrant is solely responsible for registering for the Sweepstakes drawing during the Sweepstakes Period, as well as replying to a prize notification email within five (5) days and properly claiming a prize within seven days of prize notification if selected as a potential winner. Prize may not be transferred or assigned. Noncompliance may result in disqualification. Once a prize has been delivered to a winner's residence via delivery-confirmed mail or courier, the prize is considered "awarded." Taxes on all prizes, if any, are the sole responsibility of the winner. Acceptance of a prize constitutes permission to the Sponsor to use winner's name and/or likeness for purposes of advertising and promotion without additional compensation, unless prohibited by law. By entering, entrants acknowledge compliance with these Official Rules, including all eligibility requirements. By participating, entrants agree to release Southwest Airlines, Co., Discovery Communications LLC, all prize providers and each of their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, divisions, wholesalers, retailers or distributors or advertising and promotion agencies and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, agents or representatives (collectively, "Released Parties") from and against any and all claims, demands, losses and liabilities of any nature whatsoever, which entrant may now or hereafter be entitled to assert, including but not limited to, any death, injury, loss of enjoyment, damage to computer equipment, or other harm or loss of any nature whatsoever caused or contributed to by participation in the Sweepstakes, any prize awarded in the Sweepstakes and/or in connection with the awarding, receipt and use or misuse of prize or participation in any travel or prize-related activities, and/or claims based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy. All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. Released Parties are not responsible for misdirected, late, lost, delayed, inaccurate, damaged, garbled, incomplete, undelivered or stolen entries, delayed or misdirected entries for whatever reason, for lost, interrupted or unavailable network, cable, satellite, Internet Service Provider (ISP) or other connections, or for errors, omissions, interruptions, deletions, defects or delayed transmissions or in operations or transmission of information, in each case whether arising by the way of technical or other failures or malfunctions of computer hardware, software, communications devices, or transmission lines, or data corruption, theft, destruction, unauthorized access to or alteration of entry materials, loss or otherwise and any mechanical, electronic, network, computer, printing, typographical, human or other error relating to or in connection with the Sweepstakes, including, without limitation, errors which may occur in connection with the administration of the Sweepstakes, the processing of entries, the announcement of prizes or in any Sweepstakes-related materials. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or modify the Sweepstakes if fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond its reasonable control impairs the integrity of the Sweepstakes, as determined by Sponsor at its sole discretion. In such event, Sponsor reserves the right to award the prize at random from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual they find to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of this Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of these Official Sweepstakes Rules or any other promotion, or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies (including attorneys' fees) from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor's failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. Winner is solely responsible for any and all expenses relative to the participation in the Sweepstakes (including acceptance of a prize) not specified herein.
7. Construction and Disputes: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of any entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Texas, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions (whether of the State of Texas, or any other jurisdiction) that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Texas. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any such provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these Official Rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein.
THE EXCLUSIVE JURISDICTION FOR ANY DISPUTE SHALL BE IN THE FEDERAL OR STATE COURTS LOCATED IN DALLAS COUNTY, TEXAS.
9. List of Prize Winner: The name of the prize winner will be available after the termination of the Sweepstakes. To receive a winner's list, mail a self-addressed envelope accompanied with a signed, hand-printed request to the Sponsor at the address below labeled "Dare to Dive". All requests must be received by August 31, 2014.
10. Sponsor: Southwest Airlines, Co. P.O. Box 36611 - 1CR Dallas, Texas 75235-1611.
SOURCE Southwest Airlines
You must be a registered user to add a comment. If you've already registered, sign in. Otherwise, register and sign in.