Southwest Napkin Art Contest
Southwest Napkin Art Contest
01-04-2016 10:00 AM
Retired Community Manager
01-04-2016 10:00 AM
UPDATE: Congratulations to the March and April winners of the Southwest Napkin Art Contest!Thanks to everyone who participated!
Southwest Airlines started from a simple drawing on a cocktail napkin. We want to challenge the creativity of our Customers onboard and encourage them to draw on our napkins as well! Between January 1, 2016, and April 30, 2016, submit a photo of your best artwork on a Southwest drink napkin or other piece of paper measuring 5 inches by 5 inches for a chance to win roundtrip airfare on Southwest Airlines. To participate in the contest, share an original photo of your doodle via your Twitter or Instagram account during the contest period. Entries must tag the Official Southwest Airlines Twitter or Instagram account (@SouthwestAir), and use the hashtags #SWANapkinArt and #Contest. Don’t forget to follow Southwest Airlines on Twitter and Instagram to be considered for the Contest. Sixteen (16) winning submissions will be selected during the contest period. Four (4) winners will be selected each month, and all entries are eligible to win at any point during the contest period Each winner will receive roundtrip travel for one (1) on Southwest Airlines. Here’s how you enter for a chance to win:
- Follow Southwest’s official accounts on Twitter or Instagram (@SouthwestAir)
- Between January 1, 2016, and April 30, 2016, post a photo of your napkin doodle and use the hashtags #SWANapkinArt and #Contest
- This Contest is open to all legal residents of the 48 contiguous United States and the District of Columbia who are 21 years of age or older and the age of majority in their place of residence and have a valid email address and Twitter® and/or Instagram® account as of January 1, 2016. Eligibility is contingent on agreement to, and compliance with, these Official Rules. Employees of Southwest Airlines Co. (“Sponsor”) and the members of their immediate families (spouse and parents, children and siblings and their spouses) and individuals living in the same households of such employees are ineligible to enter or win. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
- Only one (1) winner per household and per Twitter/Instagram account is permitted during the Contest Period (as defined below). Any attempt by any person found to use multiple Twitter/Instagram accounts to enter, or in any other way attempt to obtain more than the authorized number of entries will be found to be ineligible, and their entries will be disqualified. Any eligible individual participating in this Contest shall be a “Participant.” Participation must be by the Participant. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of a Participant, the authorized account holder of the Twitter/Instagram account used to enter the Contest will be deemed to be the Participant. Potential winners may be required to show proof of being the authorized Twitter/Instagram account holder. If the identity of the individual who actually participated in the Contest cannot be resolved to Sponsor’s satisfaction, the affected individual’s entry will be deemed ineligible.
- Participants are required to provide truthful information and Sponsor will reject and delete any entry that it discovers to be false or fraudulent. Sponsor will disqualify any entry from individuals who do not meet the eligibility requirements, and Sponsor may delete any entry received from persons under the age of 13 in compliance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act.
- The Contest will begin at 10 a.m. CT on January 1, 2016 and end at 10 p.m. CT on April 30, 2016 (“Contest Period”). During the Contest Period, potential participants must have a Twitter or Instagram account and use appropriate tags in their submitted photos as described below.
- To enter the Contest, potential participants must “follow” Southwest Airlines on Twitter or Instagram via the Official Southwest Airlines account (@SouthwestAir).
- To participate in the Contest, post an original photo of your artwork on a Southwest napkin via your Twitter or Instagram account during the Contest Period. Entries must tag the Official Southwest Airlines account (@SouthwestAir) and use the hashtags “#SWANapkinArt” and “#Contest.”
- Payments of all federal, state and local taxes are solely the responsibility of the winner. Winner will be required to sign an IRS Form W-9 with the winner’s full social security number or the equivalent. Failure to submit a Form W-9 upon request will result in forfeiture of the prize. Winnings over $600 will be reported to the IRS.
- By participating in the Contest, the winner agrees to have his or her name, voice, likeness, photograph, statements, opinions, biographical information, and/or Contest entry used in any advertising or broadcasting material relating to the Contest or otherwise, in any media, worldwide, now known or hereinafter developed, in perpetuity, without additional notice, payment, or other compensation unless prohibited by law, and, where legal, to sign an Assignment and publicity release confirming such consent prior to acceptance of the prize.
- Sponsor is not responsible for lost, stolen, mangled, misdelivered, postage due, illegible, incomplete or late entries, telephone service outages, delays, busy signals, equipment malfunctions and any other technological difficulties that may prevent an individual from entering or claiming a prize.
- Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any person tampering with the entry process, the operation of Sponsor’s website, or otherwise in violation of the Official Rules. Sponsor further reserves the right to cancel, terminate or modify the Contest if it is not capable of completion as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention or technical failures of any sort. In such event, Sponsor reserves the right, but not the obligation, to award any applicable prize(s) from the entries submitted before the cancellation, suspension, or modification of the Contest. Any attempt to undermine the operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Sponsor reserves the right to make changes in the Official Rules, including the substitution of a prize of greater or equivalent value, which will become effective upon announcement.
- Failure to comply with the Official Rules may result in a Participant’s disqualification solely at the discretion of the Sponsor.
- The Sponsor is not responsible for typographical or other errors in the printing, the offering or the administration of the Contest, or in the announcement of a prize.
- In any case, the final winners of all prizes will be determined, and prizes will be awarded, within a reasonable time after the end of the Contest Period, except as agreed between Sponsor and winner.
- Copies of the Official Rules and a winners list (when complete) may be obtained by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope to Southwest Airlines Co., Social Business, P.O. Box 36611, HDQ 1PR, Dallas, TX 75235-1611. All requests must be received by December 31, 2015.
You must be a registered user to add a comment. If you've already registered, sign in. Otherwise, register and sign in.