Southwest and The Container Store Spread Holiday Cheer!
Southwest and The Container Store Spread Holiday Cheer!
12-22-2015 08:09 PM
12-22-2015 08:09 PM
Rudolph and Santa Claus aren’t the only ones spreading holiday cheer this year! In the spirit of the holiday season, The Container Store and Southwest Employees have teamed up again to bring back free gift wrapping services to seven different airports. Customers who are traveling through Dallas, Chicago, Atlanta, Denver, Ft. Lauderdale, San Francisco, or Seattle should be on the lookout for Santa’s other little helpers from The Container Store on Wednesday, December 23, from 10:00 a.m. - 4 p.m. for a complimentary gift wrapping. Not traveling with us that particular Wednesday? You can still participate in the holiday cheer. Grab your scissors, tape and best roll of wrapping paper because it’s about to be a Wrap-Off! We’re partnering with our friends at The Container Store and taking to our social media channels to crown one holiday gift wrapper supreme. Your wrapping could win you the gift of destination! Simply follow Southwest Airlines on our social channels (Instagram and Twitter), and on December 23, Southwest will ask our followers to be creative and share their best wrap jobs and upload to Instagram or Twitter. Be sure to include @SouthwestAir and the #Wrapoff and #Contest hashtags with your Instagram or Twitter photo so we will be sure to include your entry. Feel free to share your photos on Facebook too, however make sure your official entry is via Instagram or Twitter. We’ll be looking for the most creative and entertaining post! Not a part of Instagram or Twitter yet? Don’t worry; sign up today and start following @SouthwestAir. Keep in mind Southwest Airlines and The Container Store Employees are not eligible to enter. Be sure to read the full rules and regulations below. And as the most festive day gets closer and closer, please remember a few of these helpful tips while travelling during the most popular time of year for TSA agents.
- Do not forget to arrive early!
- Pack your patience in your bags that fly free and remember Santa is always watching.
- Please leave those wonderful gifts unwrapped for screening purposes in both carry-on and checked luggage.
- Have a wonderful holiday season and safe travels!
- Eligibility Restrictions
- The Contest is open to all legal residents of the 48 contiguous United States and the District of Columbia who are 19 years of age or older and the age of majority in their place of residence and have a valid e-mail address and an Instagram® or Twitter® account as of December 22, 2015. Eligibility is contingent on agreement to, and compliance with, these Official Rules. Employees of Southwest Airlines Co. (“Southwest Airlines”), The Container Store (“Container Store”) (collectively, “Sponsor”), and the members of their immediate families (spouse and parents, children and siblings and their spouses) and individuals living in the same households of such employees are ineligible to enter or win. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
- Only one (1) entry per household and per Instagram or Twitter account is permitted during the Contest Period (as defined below).
- Any eligible individual participating in this Contest shall be a “Participant.” Participants are required to provide truthful information and Sponsor will reject and delete any entry that it discovers to be false or fraudulent. Sponsor will disqualify any entry from individuals who do not meet the eligibility requirements, and Sponsor may delete any entry received from persons under the age of 13 in compliance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act.
- How to Enter the Contest
- The Contest will begin at 9:30 AM a.m. CT on Wednesday, December 23, 2015 and will end at 11 p.m. CT on Wednesday, December 23, 2015 (“Contest Period”). During the Contest Period, potential participants must have an Instagram or Twitter account and use the appropriate tags in their submitted photos and/or videos as described below. This Contest consists of one (1) challenge during the Contest Period. During the Contest Period, potential participants will have to follow Southwest Airlines on Instagram via the handle @SouthwestAir, and/or Twitter via the handle @SouthwestAir.
- To participate in the Contest, you may enter via the following method:
- Any person found using multiple Instagram or Twitter accounts to enter will be found to be ineligible. Participation must be by the Participant. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of a Participant, the authorized account holder of the Instagram or Twitter account used to enter the Contest will be deemed to be the Participant. Potential winners may be required to show proof of being the authorized Instagram or Twitter account holder. If the identity of the individual who actually participated in the Contest cannot be resolved to Sponsor’s satisfaction, the affected individual’s entry will be deemed ineligible.
- Selection of Winners:
- The top Contest submissions will be selected by a panel of judges provided by Sponsor, whose decisions are binding and final. Participants need not be present to win. All potential winners are subject to eligibility verification by Sponsor. A PARTICIPANT IS NOT A WINNER OF ANY PRIZE, EVEN IF NOTIFIED OF BEING A PRIZE WINNER, UNLESS AND UNTIL THE PARTICIPANT’S ELIGIBILITY HAS BEEN VERIFIED. In the event of a tie, the submission with the highest score in the “Southwest and/or Container Store Appeal” category will win.
- Potential winner notification will be made on Dec. 24th by Sponsor via Instagram or Twitter, depending on where the entry was received. The potential winner will be asked to contact Sponsor with a given e-mail address provided via comment on the Participant’s Instagram entry, or via reply to the Participant’s Twitter entry. Once potential winner and Sponsor make e-mail contact, Sponsor will provide a photo for the potential winner to upload to the Instagram or Twitter account the user uploaded the photo with in order to validate their Instagram or Twitter account. Upon validation, potential winners must execute and return the Assignment and any required affidavit of eligibility and/or liability/publicity release (collectively, the “Required Documentation”) in which they agree to hold Sponsor, Instagram or Twitter, and each of their parent, subsidiary and affiliated corporations, and the officers, shareholders, directors, employees, agents and representatives harmless against any and all claims or liability arising directly or indirectly from use or misuse of a prize or participation in the Contest. Beginning Friday, December 30, 2015, Required Documentation will be mailed or emailed based on the potential winner’s preference, and must be executed and returned within seven (7) days or prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner may be chosen. If a potential winner cannot be contacted using the information provided or fails to respond to Sponsor’s attempt to notify them of selection within five (5) business days; if any notification is returned as undeliverable or yields an error of undeliverable type “bounce back” email (regardless if the message is ultimately delivered to the recipient); if the potential winner is unable to validate his or her account, fails to sign and return the Required Documentation within the required time period, or fails to comply with these Official Rules; if any prize is returned as undeliverable; if potential winner is unable or unwilling to accept the prize as stated; or if the winner cannot be verified as eligible for any other reason, the potential winner is disqualified and an alternate winner may be chosen. In the event that a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, the next received and eligible photo entry received by Sponsor that is fully compliant with these Official Rules shall be deemed the winner, until the prize is awarded or until four (4) attempts have been made to award the prize and each attempt has failed. Sponsor will identify each potential winner and verify the potential winner’s eligibility after the end of the Contest Period. If unable to verify eligibility, Sponsor will select any alternate potential winner within a reasonable time thereafter.
- Grand Prize: The winner will receive (1) two Southwest flight e-passes valid for one-way travel on Southwest operated, published and scheduled service. Flight e-passes can be combined for roundtrip travel and are valid only in the United States its territories and its possessions, including Puerto Rico and (2) a $50 Container Store gift merchandise Store More Card. Approximate retail value of Grand Prize: $450.
- No prize substitutions, cash equivalent, or transfer of prizes permitted except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. Prize subject to availability and the Sponsor, its sole discretion, reserves the right to award a prize of greater or equal value if the advertised prize is unavailable.
- In the event that a prize or prize certificate is mailed to the winner, it will be with the prior written consent of the winner and therefore, winner assumes the risk of its loss. Sponsor is not responsible for the safe arrival of a prize or prize certificate. Sponsor is not responsible if a potential winner does not receive his or her prize because erroneous, expired, canceled, fraudulent, or fake information was provided during the Contest. Only the prize(s) set forth in these Official Rules will be awarded. If, through printing or production error, or for any other reason whatsoever, more prizes are claimed than intended and/or set forth in these Official Rules, Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes from all legitimate, unawarded, eligible prize claims.
- Payments of all federal, state and local taxes are solely the responsibility of the winners. Winners may be required to sign an IRS Form W-9 with the winner’s full social security number or the equivalent. Failure to submit a Form W-9 upon request will result in forfeiture of the prize. Winnings over $600 will be reported to the IRS.
- By participating in the Contest, the winners agree to have their name, voice, likeness, photograph, statements, opinions, biographical information, and/or Contest entry used in any advertising or broadcasting material relating to this Contest or otherwise, in any media, worldwide, now known or hereinafter developed, in perpetuity, without additional notice, payment, or other compensation unless prohibited by law, and, where legal, to sign an Assignment and publicity release confirming such consent prior to acceptance of the prize.
- Sponsor is not responsible for lost, stolen, mangled, miss-delivered, postage due, illegible, incomplete or late entries, telephone service outages, delays, busy signals, equipment malfunctions and any other technological difficulties that may prevent an individual from entering or claiming a prize.
- Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any person tampering with the entry process, the operation of Sponsor’s website, or otherwise in violation of the Official Rules. Sponsor further reserves the right to cancel, terminate or modify the Contest if it is not capable of completion as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention or technical failures of any sort. In such event, Sponsor reserves the right, but not the obligation, to award any applicable prize(s) from the entries submitted before the cancellation, suspension, or modification of the Contest. Any attempt to undermine the operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and should such attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Sponsors reserve the right to make changes in the rules of the Contest, including the substitution of a prize of greater or equivalent value, which will become effective upon announcement.
- Failure to comply with the Official Rules may result in a Participant’s disqualification solely at the discretion of the Sponsor.
- The Sponsor is not responsible for typographical or other errors in the printing, the offering or the administration of the Contest, or in the announcement of a prize.
- Copies of the written Official Rules and a list of winners (when complete) may be obtained by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope to Southwest Airlines Co., Emerging Media, P.O. Box 36611, Dallas, TX 75235-1611. All requests must be received by January 24, 2016.
- Limitations on Liability
- Construction and Disputes
You must be a registered user to add a comment. If you've already registered, sign in. Otherwise, register and sign in.