Summer travel is right around the corner!
Summer travel is right around the corner!
The following blog was written by Jeremy Ramirez and Nate Mulder in Network Planning.
Southwest Airlines is excited to announce the release of our revised summer schedule (June 6 through September 6) that continues our focus on Connecting People to what is important in their lives. Not only are we adding flights in our traditional summertime destination favorites, but we also are excited to offer our Customers new nonstop markets alongside the return of those seasonal favorites (be sure to see the list below for a complete list of new full time and seasonal flights). There’s a lot packed into this schedule and here are a few highlights.
- Southwest is thrilled to strengthen our Mile High Heart with new departures to Midland, Savannah/Hilton Head, and Sarasota/Bradenton.
- For our Customers looking to beat the heat, lace up their hiking boots, pull out a fly fishing rod or have a relaxing escape to the great outdoors. Customers can head to some of our favorite summer outdoor destinations such as Spokane, Reno/Tahoe, Boise, and Salt Lake City.
- We’re showing some LUV to our Midwest Customers, too! St. Louis will be getting new service to Savannah/Hilton, Sarasota/Bradenton, and Destin/Fort Walton Beach; and Kansas City will get new service to Miami, Sarasota/Bradenton, and Destin/Fort Walton Beach. Chicago (O’Hare) will get new service to Austin and Fort Lauderdale, and Chicago (Midway) will get returning service to Boise and Spokane.
- A bright spot for Southwest during the past year has been introducing [or re-introducing, in the case of Houston (Bush) and Jackson, Miss.] new cities in our network. Southwest has announced 17 new destinations on the route map since the start of 2020!
- And how can we talk about the summer schedule and not mention the Sunshine State? From the panhandle to the peninsula, Florida has some of our Customers’ favorite destinations and Southwest is primed for a big summer. Southwest has added three new stations to the network with Destin/Fort Walton Beach, Sarasota/Bradenton, and Miami in the last year. Whether you want to make memories with your Disney favorites in Orlando, soak up some sun on South Beach, catch a rocket launch at Cape Canaveral, or visit the manatees at Everglades National Park, the new June Base schedule will provide our Customers plenty of ways to get to the great state of Florida.
Is your passport ready for its next stamp?
Tropical ocean breezes, white sand beaches, and unique adventures beyond the U.S. border are even closer than you may think. Get ready to dust off those passports as Southwest continues to increase our international service this summer!
Southwest Customers once again will be able to say Pura Vida as we make a long-awaited return to beautiful Costa Rica with daily nonstop service from Houston (Hobby) to both Liberia, Guanacaste (LIR), and San José (SJO) beginning June 6; nonstop Saturday-only seasonal service from Baltimore/Washington (BWI) to Liberia, Guanacaste (LIR) also will launch on June 12. Costa Rica is a country unlike any other and has so much to offer visitors from exhilarating adventures, like zip-lining through the rainforest, to picturesque beaches along the Pacific Ocean or the Caribbean Sea where you can relax and recharge – not to mention the delicious food that awaits you! It’s no wonder that Costa Rica and its natural beauty (one of the most bio-diverse regions in the world), exotic wildlife, and rich Culture have become a favorite for our Customers.
Our revised schedule also will bring increased flights to stunning destinations like Cancun, Mexico; Montego Bay, Jamaica; and Los Cabos, Mexico. Beginning Saturday, June 12, Southwest will welcome back Saturday-only seasonal service from Pittsburg to Cancun. With the addition of Pittsburg and other Saturday increases from Austin, Houston (Hobby), and Phoenix, Southwest will operate a total of 22 departures to/from Cancun on Saturdays from 13 U.S. gateways this summer, making it easier than ever to get to the Yucatán Peninsula.
Customers who hope to experience the tropics without a passport also will have even more options from our seven San Juan, Puerto Rico gateways with increased daily flights from Orlando, Chicago (Midway), and Tampa.
We look forward to welcoming all of our international destinations back onto the network by the end of 2021 (subject to favorable conditions). So head on over to Southwest.com to book and keep an eye open for more exciting news coming soon
You must be a registered user to add a comment. If you've already registered, sign in. Otherwise, register and sign in.