Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

2 hr Flight delay from DAL

adsreshta
Explorer C

Flight cancellations and delays seem like a daily thing for SW airlines nowadays. They have stopped respecting peoples times. And it's ridiculous that the company CEO is not bothered by such things at all. What kind of staff get employed and trained that they overfuel a flight and delay everybody by another hour, which has already been delayed one hour from before. My son just missed an important family gathering because of this delay. He has been sitting at the DAL airport for the past three hours held hostage by SW airlines. He would have been better off traveling by bus and reaching HOU by now.

2 REPLIES 2

Re: 2 hr Flight delay from DAL

bec102896
Aviator A

@adsreshta 

I'm sorry to hear of your sons delay which has caused him to miss a family gathering. Delays are not fun but they do happen.

I have learned with air travel now days you should always give yourself plenty of time to get to an event don't book a flight that gives you an hour or two to spare as delays and cancellations happen on all airlines.

If you would like to discuss this experience with Southwest directly you can click on the contact us link at the bottom of this page and send an email where someone from Southwest will respond to your message as soon as they can. 

Has your son tried to standby for another flight to HOU? 

Hope your son makes it soon!

Blake

Re: 2 hr Flight delay from DAL

Rallytime14
Explorer A

While it sucks to have to deal with delays, they can happen and for a variety of reasons. It’s almost impossible to predict. 

That being said, in the future try to book your flights so you allow yourself or your son more time to make a gathering. When you book a flight so close to an event like that, you open yourself up to missing it due to unforeseen delays. 

And let’s cool it on the “held hostage” nonsense. Airlines are trying to make sure that they get you to your destination safely above all else. The nature of most delays is on the side of caution. Airlines aren’t out to get you or your family.