Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: $200 in hidden fees and my family still can’t sit together

sm19058
Explorer A

I understand that sentiment.  For those that didn’t believe me I’ve attached a snapshot of my daughter’s BP.  I’m still of the opinion that EBCI should have a warning when over 90% of the flight already has Alist or EB.  This flight literally had 100% EBCI which makes the program a scam.

B513FD77-ADEB-4FE8-BD26-617680817EEC.jpeg

floridaguy
Aviator C

I believe that you have a very convincing argument.  Approach Southwest for a refund and consider turning over your evidence to your credit card carrier.

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

Let us know how it went @sm19058  I hope you were able to sit together as you had hoped, or at least two kids and an adult together.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

sm19058
Explorer A

This may frustrate some of the users, but I blame SWA for taking my extra $200 and putting me in this situation.  I got on with A15, Sat a couple rows from back of the plane and spread carry on bags across aisle.  Kids boarded in between A and B during family boarding and joined me at back where bags were in window and aisle.  Two passengers asked if the middle seat was taken and I said yes.  Wife boarded with C31 and joined us.  TBH, the two passengers were simply asking and weren’t mad, they took the middle seats behind.  I was able to move my kids carryon bags under their seat and let one of the passengers use the overhead compartment.  I appreciate the advice folks, my takeaway for Spring Break is to buy tickets when the window opens so you’re EBCI is earlier in the queue.

floridaguy
Aviator C

I agree with you.  Ask for a refund regardless of what some frequent contributor says.

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

@floridaguy wrote:

I agree with you.  Ask for a refund regardless of what some frequent contributor says.

Based on what? Please don't say "didn't get value", that's garbage. What legitimate reason could the OP provide to Southwest if they were to waste the time requesting a refund? 

--TheMiddleSeat

bec102896
Aviator A

If I wasn’t ALP I think I’d pay the extra $20ish to get A1-15 during peak travel season if going with a group buy 1 upgrade boarding then save seats further back in the plane (row 10 vs row 1 isn’t that different) less people might ask for your seats and one of the first on the plane (after preboarders) is better than you could still be last