5 REPLIES 5

Re: 4/15/22 Good Friday Flight 6:15am

RockerG
Explorer C

Kansas City MCI Airport, thanks 

parpitt1
Frequent Flyer A

KC's current terminal is a very "shallow" semi circle so there aren't long walk ways to get to the gates, they are literally on the other side of the wall from security. If you're not checking baggage make sure to have your boarding pass in hand and go directly to security,  the TSA pre line is on the right side of the terminal, 1 1/2 hours is more than adequate, regular security is in the middle of the semi circle. 

If your checking baggage and not an A-lister allow 2 hours for sure, the check-in area for SWA is tight and the lines get long quickly, then you still have to go through security.

Once the new terminal is built in KC this will all change.

Safe travels  

TPArampgirl
Frequent Flyer A

The airline and TSA will recommend 2 hours. That's usually what I do. I have time to get through security, use the bathroom, grab some food or water, and leisurely head to my gate. If you need to check bags, just skip the food, and walk with a purpose. Lol. 

SWFlyer007
Aviator C

I agree with the previous comments, Kansas City (MCI)  isn't tricky at all, and if you get let off right in front of the check-in area, it's just in the door and go.  If you're not checking bags, get let off right at the door with TSA.  I've done this airport all the time at an hour before take-off and still had to sit and wait.  

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@SWFlyer007 wrote:

I agree with the previous comments, Kansas City (MCI)  isn't tricky at all, and if you get let off right in front of the check-in area, it's just in the door and go.  If you're not checking bags, get let off right at the door with TSA.  I've done this airport all the time at an hour before take-off and still had to sit and wait.  

Agree, there is basically no walking due to the “pod” setup. If there is anything tricky at 6:15 a.m. I don’t know but it is a really fast airport to get through. 

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.