Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

45 minute layover at LAS as a wheelchair user

st870521
Explorer C

Hi I am a person in a wheelchair. I know I can board first and seat at first row but I almost always get off aircraft last. I just purchased a flight with a 45 min layover at LAS. Would it be enough time for me to board my next flight and seat at first row (board first)? The flight is HNL to LAS (45min layover) and then LAS to CMH. 

5 REPLIES 5

Re: 45 minute layover at LAS as a wheelchair user

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

The Southwest gates at LAS are very close together, but your situation makes it a bit more difficult. Factors such as whether you're arriving flight is on time, departure flight boards on time, number of passengers on the arriving flight, etc all weigh in on what happens. Unfortunately I left my magic 8 ball in my other jacket. Regardless of my opinion, do you have any other options?

--TheMiddleSeat

SWFlyer007
Aviator C

@st870521 Since you only posted LAS and CMH, I have no idea where these are...maybe if you were to include the city name instead of the airport letters that would help.  

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

@SWFlyer007 are you really harassing multiple people about posting airport codes in an airline forum? It's the perfect place to use airport codes! Google is your friend if you really need learning. Truly, they are not that hard to learn and often have fascinating history behind them. Las Vegas, Columbus, and Honolulu were mentioned here and you gave someone else a hard time about Fort Lauderdale. Now you'll know next time you see them and you can actually offer to help someone.

--TheMiddleSeat

dfwskier
Aviator A

I'll be a bit more definitive. You said you are normally the last person off the plane so

If you end up being the last person off the plane in LAS your chances of pre boarding and getting a first row seat on the flight to CMH are, IMO, very small. Your flight to CMH would have to have a delayed departure for that to happen.

If the flight to LAS is not delayed and you get off the plane first, you might make it - the operative word is "might." There is no certainty that would happen.

bec102896
Aviator A

Southwest uses B and C terminals in LAS if you arrive in one and have to go to the other you may cut it close especially if your 1st flight is late and connection is on time. Personally I'm not a fan of layovers under an hour.