Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: 737-700 and kiddos

ApplePair
New Arrival

The Doona website says 20, which is odd because the widest point of mine is almost 18”.  I’m so hopeful it will fit because that would make this adventure so much easier. Thanks for your message! I hope you’ve had good flights! 

TPArampgirl
Solution

20220520_202629.jpg

@ApplePair So, this is what I've found out. Between the armrests, down the aisle, you have 18.5 inches. 

In the seats with both armrests in the down position, you have 16.5 inches. I think you'll be okay as long as the armrests stay up wherever you put baby. 

ApplePair
New Arrival

@TPArampgirl  You don’t know how much I appreciate this- thank you feels so inadequate. If I have 18.5 I should be okay bc the widest part isn’t quite 18”. So! 🤞🏼🙏🏼🤞🏼 I’ll plan for what to do if it doesn’t  fit, but I’m feeling hopeful it will! Which will make my life (& everyone else on the planes!) life so much better. 

My dad was a pilot and I grew up on planes and in airports so I know airline people are great people, but you really are the best. Bless you for taking the time to help this crazy stranger. 

TPArampgirl

@ApplePair  I'm just glad I could help.  😊 

Emerald754
New Arrival

@TPArampgirl & @ApplePair Thank You both so much.... for asking the question about aisle width and providing visual dimensions. I've been searching the web and couldn't find an exact answer anywhere.  First time I'm flying with my 2yr old and trying to be prepared and ease some of my anxieties.  

About2be

@ApplePair, @TPArampgirl  has ALWAYS BEEN  a SWA 🦸‍♀️. She is exactly who you want working for you. Her dedication to servicing others is outstanding. From day 1 of her answering questions in the community she has always been thorough, kind, respectful, and honest. So luck to have her as co-heart. 

TPArampgirl

Aww! Thank you! 😊 🥲