Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: A-List Benefit - Board Together

elijahbrantley
Aviator A

Officially Companions are excluded from this benefit because of the mentioned issue: you have two separate reservations. That means that the A Lister will get the “preferred” boarding spot, and the companion will have to secure his or her own.

I appreciate the SW enhancement for folks traveling on the same reservation, but it does not address the boarding challenge from SW’s most valuable travelers: CP holders.

Our method when we travel with family (me as A List, wife on CP, and kids on points) is that I board in my spot and save a row then my fam joins me when they board with family boarding after the A group.

Hopefully this will change one day!

-A List, Companion Pass holder

SWFlyer007
Aviator C

when I was talking with the phone agent, they admitted that the intent was for A-List and Companion to get on together, but the software couldn't make that work.   But they did also say that they are working on fixing that.  when it will happen?  I do as mentioned, I get on and save that spot for my companion, and it works well.  I also encourage that you get the boarding pass number right in the first minute that the 24-hour window opens.   That way you're not saving a seat for a C-31 boarding pass companion.  

SM7
Explorer A

Not true. One of the most BAIT & SWITCH policies by any airline! This is ridiculous. I've been an A-List member for 15 years & A-List preferred for couple years with a companion pass for my kid for the last 4 years. I read this as simple English & then the Southwest gate handlers at Phoenix Airport gate D-7 embarrassed me by first feigning ignorance about the policy & then clarifying that "the companion needs to be on the same reservation #" which they know is impossible!! Wow! Funny thing is I fly all over the US & only Southwest Gate handers at Orlando & Phoenix enforce & are happy to rub it in your face. I've flown & had my kid board along with me in so many other Airports like San Diego, Austin, Raleigh-Durham, San Jose, LAX, Ontario-LA, Orange County etc & they never make any fuss of a 8-year old boarding with me. And now Southwest rubs it in my face again! Not nice at all. "

”We know getting more time with the people most important to you is everything. That's why we're spreading the love of one of our most-coveted A-List and A-List Preferred perks. Starting March 12, anyone on a reservation with an A-List or A-List Preferred Member can board when they do. That means everyone on the same reservation gets to board together and pick their seat earlier. Because we can all agree the more time you get with your people, the better.” B.S.!