Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

A-List Does Not Show on Boarding Pass

TX
Explorer C

A list does not appear on my BP now. I booked a flight with points and A list does not appear when I checked in online of via the mobile app. 

9 REPLIES 9

Re: A-List Does Not Show on Boarding Pass

chgoflyer
Aviator A

Unfortunately, it's a known "glitch" - see other threads here. I'd recommend buying Upgraded Boarding then requesting a refund after travel is over.

robinkneer
Explorer B

Same problem!  I am not getting Priority boarding either.  I have had to pay $30 for the last to flights to escape the C group.  One unhappy business traveler.

WonderDog
Explorer C

Same thing happened to me today. A-List did not show up on my boarding pass and got a high boarding position.

So not only do I not get the boarding position benefit of being an A-Lister...

...now I'm worried the flight will not earn the 25% A-List points bonus.

Southwest should fix this soon because it sounds like the making of a class action lawsuit.

TX
Explorer C

Happened again for tomorrows flight to ECP. I got B31 and no Alist. Three times now.

TX
Explorer C

I called and they tild me to tell the gate agent to get A list boarding. But i saw someone try that and the gate agent rebuffes them. Accorsing to the CSR at SWA its a known issue and there is a fix coming...supposedly.

Savvypixel
Explorer C

Happened to my husband and me yesterday but not last Wednesday.  Asked the gate agent who admitted it was glitch and SWA was aware.  The other gate agent snarkily said "welcome to the real world".  Anyway, agent 1 who I see all the time, was able to give both of us printed boarding passes with A-list on it so we could board at the end of the A's.  This is certainly ticking me off and if not fixed quickly I may have to change airlines.

Sailgirl
Explorer C

I am a current A-List customer.  Sunday afternoon when I checked in for my flight to Denver, I was shocked at the B-57 boarding position.  It had to be a mistake!  I was told by the Southwest staff at the gate that there was a computer glitch - it should be fixed in a couple of days. Good, I return on Wed.  There were about 15 to 20 passengers congregating at the gate in the area where the pre-boards and families usually wait.  I was very unhappy to see the business traveler's scramble to get on to the plane before the families.  They should have been boarded before all of the A list customers.  Very disappointed that gate attendandnt didnt step in to help the families.  Why did they not give out the A1- A15 positions to the A-list traveler's?  Some of this mess could have been avoided.  Very disappointed to see that when I checked in for my return flight to St. Louis - B-41 today (Wed).  Glitched not fixed.  Any updates?

chgoflyer
Aviator A

According to Southwest, it's now "fixed," but the fix won't be in effect until sometime tomorrow afternoon. Your guess is as good as mine as to what that means.

Haipham2017
Adventurer B

@chgoflyer wrote:

According to Southwest, it's now "fixed," but the fix won't be in effect until sometime tomorrow afternoon. Your guess is as good as mine as to what that means.

I am surprised the lawyers do not smell this case !!! To me it is more like you bought a "defect" product and the seller does not care.