Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

A List/Preferred Bag Ticket Line

Stretchmiester
Explorer C

Flew out of Portland OR this morning and was surprised to see the A List/Preferred bag check line was to the side and not active.  I asked the gate agent about this and she said it was removed yesterday and will be a system wide change coming soon. 
Can anyone confirm this? 

I already spend an hour or two more per week flying SW verses a competitor due to having to connect somewhere since I am based in Indy.  I also have to take the odd hour flights at 6am and always seem to return super late.  I am not planning on now giving SW another half hour of waiting in the crowd to check my golf clubs each week.  

6 REPLIES 6

Re: A List/Preferred Bag Ticket Line

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

I highly doubt it, but we'll see. You can send feedback to Southwest, use the contact us link at the bottom of this page and send a message. 

--TheMiddleSeat

parpitt1
Frequent Flyer A

That would be a disappointing reduction in the limited loyalty benefits SWA offers us A-listers.  Let's hope that the gate agent was mistaken

Stretchmiester
Explorer C

I sent SWA a note and specifically wrote with the asterisks to call it out. **are there plans to remove these priority lines in the future?**

I got this canned response with no answer 

Dear Stephen,

Thank you for taking the time to contact us. As a Rapid Rewards Member since 2015, I welcome the opportunity to address your concerns.

We know things didn't go as planned on your recent trip, and I am sorry for the disruption to your travel plans.

As an A-List Preferred Member, you deserve a great experience; please know we have Teams across the Company working to ensure we provide the level of service you expect. We’re making operational adjustments, and our Network Planning Team is focused on reducing the impact to our Customers when irregular operations occur. We’re also working to staff the right number of Employees in the right areas, at the right time.

That said, we regret your disappointment at not having access to our Fly-By Lanes when you traveled out of Portland on August 11. I was able to verify that this benefit is still available in our Portland airport, but I do sincerely apologize that it was not available to you at the time of your travel.

Your loyalty is important to us, and we hope to welcome you onboard again soon.

Sincerely,
Jocelyn Bradford
Southwest Airlines

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

"I was able to verify that this benefit is still available in our Portland airport, but I do sincerely apologize that it was not available to you at the time of your travel."

Sounds like an answer to me. Whoever told you it isn't going to be available was wrong.

--TheMiddleSeat

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@TheMiddleSeat wrote:

" I was able to verify that this benefit is still available in our Portland airport, but I do sincerely apologize that it was not available to you at the time of your travel."

Sounds like an answer to me. Whoever told you is isn't going to be available was wrong.

--TheMiddleSeat

Maybe it's the other Portland.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@DancingDavidE wrote:

@TheMiddleSeat wrote:

" I was able to verify that this benefit is still available in our Portland airport, but I do sincerely apologize that it was not available to you at the time of your travel."

Sounds like an answer to me. Whoever told you is isn't going to be available was wrong.

--TheMiddleSeat

Maybe it's the other Portland.

I heard one story of someone doing that on a flight…whoops!!

I could see it evolving where the priority lane at security won’t be needed when some critical mass of A-list and business select all have PreCheck or Clear. 

All airlines, hotels, etc. have priority check in lines I don’t see that going anywhere.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.