Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

A List & Military

Barlowrltw
Explorer C

I am A Lost, companion pass and military traveling on official orders. I had a flight change and therefore was given a C boarding group. I went to board after A group as with military or A List you can board after A if you don’t receive an A group. I was turned away first because you now have to be in uniform. This is new I guess. Strange policy, a military are not supposed to travel in uniform unless absolutely necessary. 

I then informed the gate agent that I was A List. But because it was not reflected on my ticket, even though my app clearly showed it, I was turned away. Not sure why if I can show I am A List I would be turned away? 

bug swing and miss on both side SW. 

5 REPLIES 5

Re: A List & Military

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Not a new policy, lots of previous chatter here in the Community about it.

Why was A-List not shown on your boarding pass?  If your RR# was associated with the reservation it should have shown A-List and you board at A61.  Without that indication on the boarding pass it's not surprising you were turned away.

--TheMiddleSeat

Barlowrltw
Explorer C

Thanks for reply. 

Unsure. Assume because it is a military booking that it didn’t translate for some reason. Did have my RR# on there. But I showed them clearly on my app, which my boarding pass was also on, that I was in fact an A List member. Still turned away. 

dfwskier
Aviator A

If I were you, I would complain to the airline. Doing so might score a voucher good for future travel. Even if you do not get a voucher, the airline needs to know bout your problem.

To complain, click on "contact us' below and proceed. I'd advise using e-mail which will give you a paper trail.

SWFlyer007
Aviator C

@dfwskier Totally agree.  I personally think there should also be military discounts just for general travel not booked through the military.  JMO.

SWFlyer007
Aviator C

@Barlowrltw I'm sorry that this happened to you.  First and foremost, thank you for your service.  It's been quite a while since I first heard ticket takers announce that service members have to be in uniform, I want to say at least 4 years.  Yes, I personally think you should just be able to show your active ID, but that's just me.  I hope the next flight gives better results.