Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: A List and A List Preferred Boarding News!

Tkeffer
Explorer C

Yes, we were wondering the same thing about being a companion.  I am never on the same reservation #, but obviously I have to fly with him if I am the companion.  I fly almost every week with him.  So please clear this up, seems there are several with the same confusion.  Thanks in advance.

Hueylacey
Explorer C

I just read this in the fine print, this is not a helpful change for companion status members. “For A-List and A-List Preferred Members who have also qualified for a Companion Pass, reserved boarding privileges will not be provided to the Companion unless the Companion is also an A-List or A-List Preferred Member.”

gsking
Aviator C

I'm in the same boat.  Er...plane.

I just booked a trip for four (ALP/CP-AL/points/points) to Kauai.    I guess the kids will not be A-list worthy, being on their own reservation (although I did put my RR on their booking).

So...I figured I'd just board with family boarding.  I think we'll be fine.  I didn't plan on sitting in the front anyways.  All the cool kids sit in back...

chgoflyer
Aviator A

I'm seeing reaction out there that echoes my initial thoughts regarding this announcement, which is that it really doesn't offer much benefit to most people, due to the limitation of same PNR. Ultimately it's a confusing policy change, one that seems like a positive move until you read past the headline. Odd. 

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@gsking wrote:

I'm in the same boat.  Er...plane.

I just booked a trip for four (ALP/CP-AL/points/points) to Kauai.    I guess the kids will not be A-list worthy, being on their own reservation (although I did put my RR on their booking).

So...I figured I'd just board with family boarding.  I think we'll be fine.  I didn't plan on sitting in the front anyways.  All the cool kids sit in back...

Family boarding is usually great. It is like "discount A-list"

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

paule4ou
Explorer B

How will companion reservations work? Will they be allowed to board with their AL/ALP travel partner?

bec102896
Aviator A

Now I wonder how much this will affect people who buy EB check in. 

elijahbrantley
Aviator A

Companions travelling on Companion Pass will need to board in their own positions and are not included in this enhancement.

There is no need for someone travelling on the same reservation with an A Lister to purchase Early Bird Check In; they will be checked in and board with the A Lister.

-A List, Companion Pass holder

paule4ou
Explorer B

Boo - this is no way rewards the Companion Pass holders (or the high revenue generating A-lister).

dfwskier
Aviator A

@paule4ou wrote:

Boo - this is no way rewards the Companion Pass holders (or the high revenue generating A-lister).

Free flights not good enough?

Can you get that on ANY other airline