Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

A List boarding

Stevencooksey
Explorer C

I rebooked a flight and got a high B boarding pass. I don't want to spend money to get into A 1-15.

Can I board between the A's and B's with A-list status?

9 REPLIES 9

Re: A List boarding

BullsFan
Adventurer A
Solution

Yes

if you are A list, you are able to board after all A's no matter what your boarding position is on your boarding pass.  

You still need to be up front then because they board all families with children under 5(maybe a different age, but same idea none the less) at that time as well and it's first come, first served...

connor35
Explorer A

I do this frequently because I fly for work and change flights at the last minute sometimes (lost of SW flights from BWI to MCO -- my usual trip).

I usually approach the gate agent when s/he isn't busy and mention it so they remember to call any A-listers after the A group.

But I'm sure just lining up with the families is just fine too.

boomer6954
Explorer A

I have had that happend several times.  I usually just line up behind A 60 and there usually isn't an issue.

Sadie
Explorer C

Lately I've received like B-37 when I'm A-List. I didn't change my ticket so I'm wondering why this is happening so much lately?

chgoflyer
Aviator A

Glitch.

samspade
Explorer C

Heads up that this is still unresolved. I'm A-list, checked in approximately 23 hours and 57 seconds before the flight and got a B51 boarding pass.

When I called customer service, they told me about boarding after the A group, which - while yes, better than where I was - still makes me ~the 61st person on the plane instead of maybe the 20th like I should have been. I don't understand why losing 41 slots in the boarding position is somehow considered a solution, acting like I should be relieved. NOT cool, Southwest, first for letting this "A-list/B-groupglitch" continue for YEARS and then for not having any kind of acceptable solution for it. 

bec102896
Aviator A

@samspade

Did you earn A List this year? If so you may need to call reservations at 800-435-9792 and ask them to refresh your reservation (delete and re add your RR number) I know when I earned A List for the first time I had to do this on all my upcoming flights that I had booked then as I was not A List when I booked those flights so the system thinks I am just a regular passenger. Maybe do call and ask them to do this anyways even if you earned A List back a year or more a go as it won't hurt anything and might fix the glitch 

hope this helps

Blake 

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@bec102896 wrote:

@samspade

Did you earn A List this year? If so you may need to call reservations at 800-435-9792 and ask them to refresh your reservation (delete and re add your RR number) I know when I earned A List for the first time I had to do this on all my upcoming flights that I had booked then as I was not A List when I booked those flights so the system thinks I am just a regular passenger. Maybe do call and ask them to do this anyways even if you earned A List back a year or more a go as it won't hurt anything and might fix the glitch 

hope this helps

Blake 

I would do this - there was a period where a glitch was was causing A-list preferred not to be checked in at 36-hours, but I haven't seen other traffic on this community about that issue for a while, so there must be some other issue with your flights.

Make sure your rapid rewards account is entered correctly as well, and/or follow @bec102896's suggestion to remove and add back the number.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

Christoph
Explorer C

I wish SWA would ratchet up A-List members boarding position automatically.  I discovered once I book a flight my boarding position is locked in depending on how many others before me booked the same flight (for example I just got and A-35 boarding position on a flight I booked over a month ago) but if someone cancels or changes their reservation (like A-12 for example) and someone else books that same flight the day someone cancelled they are assigned the open A-12 boarding position instead of bumping up the next A-List person in line and so-on. A friend booked the same flight as me the day before and he got A-24 bording position, way ahead of me and I've had my booking for a month. That would be more fair for us that book in advance over those that book later.