Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

A list boarding and late arrival

azwildcat78
Explorer C

Just a hypothetical, but if I have an "A" boarding pass and somehow arrive at the gate after the A's have boarded, am I allowed to "cut in" ahead of whatever group is boarding?  I'm always pretty early arriving at the gate, but if this were to happen, I wouldn't want to risk the ire of my fellow passengers if I were to breach etiquette;)

If this is a no-go, with which group would I board and where in line?

3 REPLIES 3

Re: A list boarding and late arrival

dfwskier
Aviator A
Solution

@azwildcat78 wrote:

Just a hypothetical, but if I have an "A" boarding pass and somehow arrive at the gate after the A's have boarded, am I allowed to "cut in" ahead of whatever group is boarding?  I'm always pretty early arriving at the gate, but if this were to happen, I wouldn't want to risk the ire of my fellow passengers if I were to breach etiquette;)

Yes you are. Just walk up to the agent handling the boarding and show your boarding pass.

I'd walk in from the side - not from where the boarding towers re located.

If anyone quetions you, just say that you are AXX. I've done it and never have been quetioned.

elijahbrantley
Aviator A

What @dfwskier said! You earned that boarding position!

-A List, Companion Pass holder

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@azwildcat78 wrote:

I agree with @dfwskier and @elijahbrantley although I would also maybe wait for a break if possible to minimize the appearance of cutting in - if there are four or five people left in the currently boarding column I'd jump in behind them.

I frequently do this when I'm carrying baby gear and I have an A-20's number - I hang to the back and just go after A-30 so that I don't bump people with all of the bags.

Agree that in a situation where you are late boarding, jump in from the side if you'll be short-circuiting the line, unless if you catch the line at the tail end just jump in the back of it and no one will even know you are out of order.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.