Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Accidental switched luggage 1/17 Austin

Courtneyhadnett
Explorer C

Hello,

I believe I accidentally switched luggage with another passenger today 1/17/22 when we arrived in Austin from New Orleans. I came home and opened my beige Beis carry on luggage to learn it was someone else’s, with no contact info. Posting this in the hopes that person will see this and comment, or for any helpful tips. I do not have identifying information on my bag other than a card that says my first name. I will be returning their bag to Burbank tomorrow. Thanks everyone!

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Accidental switched luggage 1/17 Austin

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Hopefully your bag is around somewhere and the bag you have can get to it's owner.  If they filed a lost and found report that may help get it to them.

--TheMiddleSeat

Re: Accidental switched luggage 1/17 Austin

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@Courtneyhadnett wrote:

Hello,

I believe I accidentally switched luggage with another passenger today 1/17/22 when we arrived in Austin from New Orleans. I came home and opened my beige Beis carry on luggage to learn it was someone else’s, with no contact info. Posting this in the hopes that person will see this and comment, or for any helpful tips. I do not have identifying information on my bag other than a card that says my first name. I will be returning their bag to Burbank tomorrow. Thanks everyone!

I'd suggest to also to File a Lost and Found Report even before you head back there in person.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.