Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Add boarding pass to Apple Wallet button does nothing

esmalling
New Arrival

On iPhone 12 Pro with iOS 15.2.1

Checked into flight tonight for 2 PAX but the "Add to Apple Wallet" button for both of the boarding passes does nothing when pressed.  It dims when I press it so it's recognizing the tap but it does not add the pass to the wallet or do anything discernable.

I know I can use the app at TSA and boarding but it would be a lot nicer to have it in the wallet.

Any ideas on how to fix? 

PS: Yes, I've tried force quitting the app, logging out and back in and rebooting the phone. No change.

15 REPLIES 15

Re: Add boarding pass to Apple Wallet button does nothing

TheMiddleSeat
Top Contributor

@MarkHursh can you offer any suggestions?

--TheMiddleSeat

esmalling
New Arrival

@MarkHursh ?!?!   I know Mark!  😄 

MarkHursh
Employee
Employee

Ha - Mr. Smalling!  Great to hear from you my friend.  If you could shoot me a quick video that would be so helpful.  I've see one or two app comments about this but we couldn't reproduce and wasn't coming up in our reporting.  Would love to get a video of the bug and your device details as it may be device specific. 

Thanks so much!

Mark

esmalling
New Arrival

I sent a video of it to you privately, Mark. (via LinkedIn messenger)

DancingDavidE
Top Contributor

@esmalling wrote:

On iPhone 12 Pro with iOS 15.2.1

Checked into flight tonight for 2 PAX but the "Add to Apple Wallet" button for both of the boarding passes does nothing when pressed.  It dims when I press it so it's recognizing the tap but it does not add the pass to the wallet or do anything discernable.

I know I can use the app at TSA and boarding but it would be a lot nicer to have it in the wallet.

Any ideas on how to fix? 

PS: Yes, I've tried force quitting the app, logging out and back in and rebooting the phone. No change.

Can you try it from mobile website as well as the app and see?

My temporary workaround would be to take a screenshot of the barcode for your use. I know the app should be sufficient, but if you lost connectivity for some reason or I've seen it in some cases where the flight gets delayed and you can no longer get your boarding pass in the app.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

holgr
New Arrival

Apparently this is still an issue. Can't add it from the app or the mobile website (iPhone 13 Pro Max, iOS 15.4). 

App behavior is like described in the first post (button does nothing). Website shows up with an error in Safari and Chrome ("The webpage at https://wallet-api.urbanairship.com/v1/pass/adaptive/XXXXXX might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.").

holgr
New Arrival

Now I have to reply to myself: it worked over cellular for some reason... 🤷‍♂️

wesley_weise
New Arrival

I’ve had the same experience the last five or six trips. I’ve deleted the app, redownloaded, log out, etc, and still can’t add the boarding pass to my wallet. I’m on an iPhone 12 and software 15.4.1 is ip to date.  Thanks for any insight to resolve this. 

wesley_weise
New Arrival

@MarkHursh  Any ideas Mark? Saw your earlier post helping another who had the same issue.