Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Add boarding pass to Apple Wallet button does nothing

esmalling
Explorer C

On iPhone 12 Pro with iOS 15.2.1

Checked into flight tonight for 2 PAX but the "Add to Apple Wallet" button for both of the boarding passes does nothing when pressed.  It dims when I press it so it's recognizing the tap but it does not add the pass to the wallet or do anything discernable.

I know I can use the app at TSA and boarding but it would be a lot nicer to have it in the wallet.

Any ideas on how to fix? 

PS: Yes, I've tried force quitting the app, logging out and back in and rebooting the phone. No change.

10 REPLIES 10

Re: Add boarding pass to Apple Wallet button does nothing

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

@MarkHursh can you offer any suggestions?

--TheMiddleSeat

esmalling
Explorer C

@MarkHursh ?!?!   I know Mark!  😄 

MarkHursh
Employee
Employee

Ha - Mr. Smalling!  Great to hear from you my friend.  If you could shoot me a quick video that would be so helpful.  I've see one or two app comments about this but we couldn't reproduce and wasn't coming up in our reporting.  Would love to get a video of the bug and your device details as it may be device specific. 

Thanks so much!

Mark

esmalling
Explorer C

I sent a video of it to you privately, Mark. (via LinkedIn messenger)

nah2ordnk
Explorer C

I had this same issue turned off Wi-Fi, and then VPN and it worked .  Hope this information is helpful. 

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@esmalling wrote:

On iPhone 12 Pro with iOS 15.2.1

Checked into flight tonight for 2 PAX but the "Add to Apple Wallet" button for both of the boarding passes does nothing when pressed.  It dims when I press it so it's recognizing the tap but it does not add the pass to the wallet or do anything discernable.

I know I can use the app at TSA and boarding but it would be a lot nicer to have it in the wallet.

Any ideas on how to fix? 

PS: Yes, I've tried force quitting the app, logging out and back in and rebooting the phone. No change.

Can you try it from mobile website as well as the app and see?

My temporary workaround would be to take a screenshot of the barcode for your use. I know the app should be sufficient, but if you lost connectivity for some reason or I've seen it in some cases where the flight gets delayed and you can no longer get your boarding pass in the app.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

claehesl
Explorer C

Hello! I just had this same problem and figured it out so hopefully it’ll help someone else out.

If you’re using anything other than Safari it won’t work on your iPhone! I’m guessing the software with other search engines doesn’t translate well. Try using Safari to download your pass onto your wallet not Chrome.

floridaguy
Aviator C

Although it is "neat" to have all of these features, my suggestion is to always use the APP for Southwest and forget the 3rd, 4th and 5th party crossovers as anything that can go wrong does go wrong.

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Organizing and utilizing apps for efficiency is beyond being "neat". It's great that Southwest offers options and I appreciate the post about possible workarounds for the issue 

--TheMiddleSeat