Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Advice for exit aisle seat?

jennyweigle
Explorer C

My boyfriend usually doesn't like flying any airline where he can't reserve a specific seat since he is very tall, but I was able to convince him to book a Southwest flight coming up for LAX to Maui! (I 💌Southwest!)

What's our best chance of getting him an exit aisle seat for the long flight? I'm thinking it's gotta be purchasing a boarding upgrade at the gate, but does anyone else have any other suggestions?

Thank you!

1 REPLY 1

Re: Advice for exit aisle seat?

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A
Solution

Purchase either upgraded boarding at the gate or a Business Select ticket which also boards in A1-A15.  Keep in mind that Southwest does not fly LAX-Maui non stop so you are connecting somewhere.  If that connection is short and does not allow for you to be in line when boarding begins you won't have any shot at the exit row regardless of what boarding position you have.  It is also possible passengers going to Maui and connecting in the same city are arriving on the plane that is continuing on to Maui and would be able to occupy exit row seats before any passengers in the connecting city are allowed to board the plane.  I guess all I'm saying is even if you have A1 boarding there is a possibility things don't work out like you want them to.  Good luck and enjoy OGG.

--TheMiddleSeat