Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

After update cannot use app.

Philtrumm
Explorer C

I have had the Southwest app for a year, has worked great.  Just got a message that it I needed to update but the update will not download.  I have tried to remove the app and reinstall.  All I get it download pending...

4 REPLIES 4

Re: After update cannot use app.

elijahbrantley
Aviator A

Without more info, it is hard to know what is going on.  This actually sounds like more of a phone/application store problem.  Are you using iOS or Android?  Have you removed the app, power cycled your phone, and tried again?

-A List, Companion Pass holder

Philtrumm
Explorer C
Samsung galaxy S9, have had no trouble with any other apps.

Philtrumm
Explorer C

Samsung galaxy S9, have had no trouble with any other apps. I have removed app, power cycles phone several times.

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

"Download Pending" on Android is an issue related to your Google Play Store app.  I have seen this when the app you are trying to install is a larger one and the download will wait until you are connected to Wifi.  I don't know if that's the case here, but it's worth looking for the setting that allows you to download larger files over cellular connection.  The Play Store app could also need to be updated.  In summary, this isn't an issue with the Southwest app and googling "Download Pending Android" will have some other suggestions if the above doesn't work for you.

--TheMiddleSeat