Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: Airline and bank websites go down in another major internet failure - 2nd in 10 days

NicoleAshley
Employee
Employee

@aMomTo6 I'm sorry to know you were also impacted by the technology outage. While Customer Service volumes are still high, I recommend sending an email via the contact options in the link below to share your experience. That way you won't have to wait on hold, and you'll receive a personalized follow-up. 

Contact Customer Relations 

Thank you,

Nicole
Community Manager

Re: Airline and bank websites go down in another major internet failure - 2nd in 10 days

david0
Explorer B

@aMomTo6 Thank you for sharing! And I think you’re right to point out that there are so many hard working and great employees on the front lines dealing with these technical issues. I’m sure many of them feel worn down from these cascading failures affecting the entire airline.  

The growing issue is lack of adequate response and effort to make good coming from the company itself—it truly undercuts Southwest’s stated goals of outstanding customer service. Pointing to vendors and saying “not our fault” doesn’t make anything better, and makes you wonder about reliability and competency of the airline. As they say, you have a choice who to fly with, and I’m already booking future travel with other options in light of the deafening silence from Southwest corporate after these issues. 

dfwskier
Aviator A

Yup, Southwest botched a bunch of things this week and should be chastised.

If you think things will be better elsewhere, IMO you will be disappointed. They won't be. As a matter of fact they will be worse.

So go try the competition. Pay to check your bags. Pay to select your seats. If you go by ULCC,

be prepared to pay for lots of other things. Discover that the other guys' customer service is actually worse than Southwest's .

It is your right to fly any airline you desire to fly.

If  you discover what I've said is correct, feel free to come back. 

bec102896
Aviator A

@dfwskier wrote:

If you think things will be better elsewhere, IMO you will be disappointed. They won't be. As a matter of fact they will be worse.

yeah American Canceled hundreds of flights this weekend because of a pilot shortage which is 100% in Americans control. Technology not so much. United was also affected when it came to the outage a couple days a go. Airlines aren't perfect.