Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Airport arrival question

TheJules2019
Explorer C

I have a question, I have a 7:00 am flight out of Detroit on June 3, heading to Nashville, would I be pushing it if I arrived at the airport for 5:30 am? I have two choices for an airport shuttle, the one that arrives at the airport is on a set schedule and the earlier bus would get me there WAY too early, I don’t need to be at the airport for 1:00 am for a 7:00 am flight, lol. The other shuttle is a private door to door shuttle and can get me there for 5:00 if need be.

What do you all recommend?

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Airport arrival question

bec102896
Aviator A

@TheJules2019 

Personally I think an hour and a half should be fine especially if your not checking bags. If your checking bags it could be cutting it close depending on the line there and the line at security. You might give yourself an hour 45min to be safe though if checking bags however I have made it in an hour and a half in Detroit just fine (with pre check though). 

-Blake 

Re: Airport arrival question

CareforNOLA
Frequent Flyer A

@TheJules2019 , 

Blake summarized my thoughts on departure, and I wanted to add a comment about the return.  Nashville TSA lines can be very unpredictable.  The town draws a lot of tourists and a lot of conventions, so I suggest making sure you arrive at the two hour mark.  I use BNA a lot, and I never can predict when the line will be 10 or 100 deep.  The TSA group really understand that they have to be diligent and as quick as possible, so they seem to hustle the lines along.  I have not missed a flight there yet but I have cut it terribly close from time to time.  

Have a great trip!