Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

App won't stay logged in

Phlflyr
Explorer C

Using Google pixel Android OS. App won't stay logged in, renders app notifications useless. Why have settings for multiple types of notifications if app does not stay logged in to leverage... 

Any solutions or justification??

10 REPLIES 10

Re: App won't stay logged in

awelles
Explorer C

Same issue here. Although I have a OnePlus 3T.

LindseyD
Retired Community Manager

Hi @Phlflyr and @awelles,

Please send me a private message with a screenshot of the error messages you are receiving and I'll forward to our Technology Team. 

da7cl
Explorer C

Hello. I searched for this issue and found this thread. Unfortunately, I have the same issue. Nexus 5x phone. It used to work fine but now I have to re-enter my.southwest login creds each time I open the app. Very frustrating, especially when I need to login fast. I do not see an option too 'remember me' on the login page. I just updated the app to the latest version to try to fix this, it didn't work. I can log in via fingerprint but ideally I don't have to do this every single time I open the app. No error just have to repeatedly log in.

Fishsalt
Explorer C

Hi, I am having the same issue.

I have not changed any hardware.

I have an S8+ with Android version 8

Kirsten2345
Explorer C

I have  Samsung S8 and the app won't stay logged in. How do I fix this?

grhowell
Explorer C

Lindsey, its not an error message, the issue is that the app logs out every time it is closed. I have a password app on my phone and it won't even remember it with this - something is different with a recent iteration of the app. It should (and previously did) remember my device and pre-populate my Rapid Rewards number at least. Every app remembers at least the user name. 

DalGRTX214
Explorer C

Hi,

I'm having the same problem. I searching this issue hoping there was some setting I missed to keep me signed in to the app. I have to log in to the app multiple times a day when I am flying. 

Phone Model: Google Pixel

Android 8.1.0

Frankenrock
Explorer C

Same issue here. Galaxy S8. 

It seemed to start after the OS Update to 8.0. 

grhowell
Explorer C

Same issue, Samsung S8 Edge. Updated app. This seems to be new, and its very cumbersome - when you are travelling as much as I do, this makes the app feel like a dinosaur - please fix!!!