Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Are Denver's (DIA's) "Express Lanes" usually fast(er) than "regular" airport-security-screening?

johnnyutahh
Explorer C

Are Denver's (DIA's) security "Express Lanes" consistently fast(er) than the regular security-screening lines?

I speak _specificially_ of the "Express Lanes" used when I do NOT have TSA PreCheck but I do have "Express Lane" access granted by a Southwest Airlines "Business Select" class ticket.

11 REPLIES 11

Re: Are Denver's (DIA's) "Express Lanes" usually fast(er) than "regular" airport

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

They dump you to the front of the line so they do offer some help.  You'll be much better off adding PreCheck and/or Clear to really get through quickly in Denver.

--TheMiddleSeat

Re: Are Denver's (DIA's) "Express Lanes" usually fast(er) than "regular" airport

floridaguy
Aviator C

Not worth the extra money.  Get to the airport on time, relax, go through the line and keep your money in your pocket - like me.

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

There's nothing relaxing about going through the regular TSA screening line. PreCheck and Clear are wel worth the money for frequent travelers or those who dislike long, slow lines.

--TheMiddleSeat

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@TheMiddleSeat wrote:

There's nothing relaxing about going through the regular TSA screening line. PreCheck and Clear are wel worth the money for frequent travelers or those who dislike long, slow lines.

--TheMiddleSeat

I would rather go through PreCheck and take ten minutes and not have to wrangle my carryon items and keep shoes on, than go through a five minute regular line taking all of  that stuff out.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

floridaguy
Aviator C

That is why there are relatively few travelers that buy the Pre Check since it is not that big a deal to go through the line and you keep your money in your pocket.

I don't pay to use the Express Lane here in Florida either.  Not worth it.  

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

$16 a year to breeze through security 

TSA Precheck: 92% of members say cost is worth it [2022 Survey]

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/americans-feel-tsa-precheck-2022-150910677.html

--TheMiddleSeat

floridaguy
Aviator C

Yeah, all 1500 of them.  

dfwskier
Aviator A

@floridaguy wrote:

That is why there are relatively few travelers that buy the Pre Check 

It depends how many flights you take and what your time is worth to you. I probably would not buy Pre if I only flew 4 times a year.

But I fly about 35 times a year and there is no way in heck that I would put up with the regular TSA   or FlyBy lanes..

Pre costs $78 every 5 years - for me that equates to 45 cents per flight. Is my time worth 45 cents? You betcha.

United comps my Clear fee every year, and Clear is a lot better than standard Pre.

floridaguy
Aviator C

My Wells Fargo card will comp me the Pre Check but I don't I care.  The statistics of this program are dismal and basically a flop.  Very few passengers, relative to the total, use and buy this service.

I live in the objective worlds, not the world that I "feel" is correct.