Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Assigned seating

OkieGirl
Explorer C

For business select flights there should be assigned seating.  I would often be willing to pay the higher price if I knew for sure I'd have the seat I paid for.  As it is now, if you run into any delays getting to the airport or making a connecting flight, even though you've paid a premium price, you end up with a less than desirable seat.  Save those seats that aren't considered premium for customers who are paying far less.  You could even add a price point above Early Bird for the privilege of knowing your extra investment is worth the cost.

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Assigned seating

dfwskier
Aviator A

That ain't going to happen. Southwest knows that assigned seating means boarding takes longer, which impacts the ability to turn aircraft quickly, which affects profitability and ultimately ticket prices.

SW has 50 years of experience on what  boarding process works best.

Besides different people views "prime" seats differently. What might be "prime" to  you might not be to someone else.

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@dfwskier wrote:

That ain't going to happen. Southwest knows that assigned seating means boarding takes longer, which impacts the ability to turn aircraft quickly, which affects profitability and ultimately ticket prices.

SW has 50 years of experience on what  boarding process works best.

Besides different people views "prime" seats differently. What might be "prime" to  you might not be to someone else.

Besides the Southwest method of having lots of short haul connecting flights there would be many flights with people already on them that may or may not have taken the seat that was desired.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

jksobonya
Aviator A

For Business Select don't you have Priority boarding in A1-A15 anyway? This seems like a first world problem to me. Southwest can't help it if you only have a 30 minute connection and you miss boarding with the As, for example. I always use the Wanna Get Away fares and it's *rare* that I sit beyond the 10th row, even if I when I board in the late Bs or even the C group. 

--Jessica