Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: BAGGAGE TAMPERING

jksobonya
Aviator A

@domveenine wrote:

Former TSA here. 

Those bags are absolutely the WORST bags to use as check-in bags. This is because the conveyor lines have doors that swing back and forth to sort bags. When these guys get caught by one of the doors, the door doesn't stop and will crush it

There's your answer. Southwest had nothing to do with it. 

--Jessica

Dejerea
Explorer B

This has nothing to do with the fact that someone attempted to pry off my lock.! I have a TSA lock so there would be no reason for TSA to do that.!

Dejerea
Explorer B

Thank you For this response! ☺️ Can you please explain why the lock would look as though someone tried to pry it off? I have a TSA lock so there would be no reason why they would try and pry it off right?

PDFelter
Frequent Flyer B

What is it that you are looking for?  If your luggage has a lifetime warranty, contact them and get it replaced.  

Dejerea
Explorer B

I want Southwest to take the appropriate measures and figure out how and why my bags were damaged this way so that it doesn’t happen again. This happens way too often. 

Dejerea
Explorer B

I have a trip to Egypt Monday. Will they have my bag replaced in that amount of time? NO

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

No one here, and the Southwest staff who saw the bag in person, believes anyone tried to tamper with the bag or pry the lock off. You can keep saying it all you want, but no one is agreeing with you. Advice has been given and it's unfortunate that the bag manufacturer won't be able to fix your bag before your next trip.

--TheMiddleSeat

Dejerea
Explorer B

Something got snagged onto my lock? There’s no way. Someone tried to get into my luggage. This is a comparison of the lock. Sorry you guys don’t agree!☺️

EF51718F-C05E-4775-976A-02CD2EE6FD7C.jpeg

364C72B6-FB06-4861-B36F-30FE994EE123.jpeg

1894A6A0-1D43-4572-B5AC-86316B936B8D.jpeg

Dejerea
Explorer B

Hey. Question for you. What would be the explanation behind this? This is how my lock looks before and after? Would TSA have to do this if I have a TSA lock?

8EB5C8CB-E66A-40F1-B88B-F45B70DB8EA5.jpeg

C5254CB7-C9DA-4819-9CE1-7AE447AD5744.jpeg

2ABC4CAF-F85E-430F-BD9E-FD620845E9A5.jpeg

  

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

No one here, and the Southwest staff who saw the bag in person, believes anyone tried to tamper with the bag or pry the lock off. You can keep saying it all you want, but no one is agreeing with you. Advice has been given and it's unfortunate that the bag manufacturer won't be able to fix your bag before your next trip.

--TheMiddleSeat