Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: Boarding Improvments for friends and families

LindseyD
Retired Community Manager

Great conversation on this thread everyone - we're really enjoying seeing all the ideas that are being shared. 

Just wanted to say how much we appreciate the participation in here today!

herb007
Explorer C

As senior citizens my wife and I are very disappointed with your system that separates us when we book with our points but not when we book with our dollars.  It tells us that you want to punish us by using our points.  Your suggestion to move back in line is terrible.  A simple change should be done to fix this discrimatory policy.  If you can do it for paying by dollars then you can do it for points!

bklein711
Explorer C

this problem is not solved, I agree with the many people who have chimed in on this thread.  Southwest you shoudl have been able to fix this ages ago, if points are used to book the flights and therefore multiple confirmation numbers were provided, a family should be able to check-in all at the same time. 

dhatz
Explorer C

Southwest should have fixed this ages ago is correct. They have chosen not to.  I essentially lose all my status when I fly with the family. My main issue is SW charges a premium for unaccompanied Minors. If we board at the end of Group B... Many times I have had to ask people to move so I could sit with my 10 year old daughter. 

This should easily be solved by allowing Family's traveling with Minors to board with Family boarding.

On the other note... Anytime a A-Lister checks in a companion is traveling on a companion ticket on that plane... they should both board with the A-Listers boarding position. Should not be any questions asked on that one.  We traveling enough to get a Companion pass then our Companion should enjoy oneof the perks we have of boarding early.

David