Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Boarding Pass Lock Screen

Gd517
Explorer C

I’ve noticed the last several trips that my boarding pass in my wallet didn’t show up on the Lock Screen in IOS.  I finally realized that it must have something to do with the app in settings. Under the “Location”, what option is the minimum? 
“Ask Next Time”
“While Using The App”

”Always”

Seems like “while using the app” may not work because technically, I wouldn’t be using the SW app but the “My Wallet” app. 
Also, I wouldn’t want to have to let SW app always use my location. 
Anyone have a solution?

9 REPLIES 9

Re: Boarding Pass Lock Screen

dfwskier
Aviator A

I know that android products allow let passes to be stored in the phone's photo album.

Can you do that with IOS?

Gd517
Explorer C

Yes but it used to just show up on the Lock Screen when you’re at the airport. Never had to unlock the phone to get to it. I want that back. Somehow, the settings changed.

and I think it has to be one of the options I listed. 

NicoleAshley
Employee
Employee

@Gd517 Sorry for the frustration! What city have you noticed is not showing up for? If it is a newly opened station, that may be the culprit.

If not, our Mobile Team responded with the following:

• Make sure you go to the pass details within the wallet and activate the switch that says “Suggest on Lock Screen.” This activates the pass to be shown on the lock screen at the stations we serve.
    • Wallet > Saved Boarding Pass > Options > Suggest on Lock Screen
  • Then keep your Southwest App location settings on “Only When I use the App.” That is the minimum amount of tracking.

NicoleAshley_0-1618432513508.png

NicoleAshley_1-1618432519068.png

Note: While the above examples are with a Security Document, it is the same process as a Boarding Pass.  

Let me know if this helps!

Nicole
Community Manager

Gd517
Explorer C

Thanks Nicole. I’m out of MDW. It used to work before but hasn’t the last couple of years. I have all the wallet settings that you have suggested. It may be settings for the app itself. I fly out next week. I’ll see if it works then. 

Gd517
Explorer C

Nicole, 

I made sure to set everything as stated in the wallet and in the app. I flew out of MDW on 5/3. Still had nothing on the Lock Screen. I’m flying back to MDW from RSW tomorrow. 
Any other suggestions!

NicoleAshley
Employee
Employee

@Gd517 Unfortunately, I am out of suggestions and I am so sorry! You can still access your boarding pass from the Southwest App. 

Nicole
Community Manager

SWFlyer007
Aviator C

This is why I'm using paper until they force me to update my 15-year-old slide phone.  Yes, I'm conflicted with the use of paper, but I like my $20 a month phone plan that I've had for 15 years.

jksobonya
Aviator A

I use IOS and I've noticed this problem as well with the boarding pass not displaying on the lock screen, but I've gotten used to opening my Wallet to view it. 

@Gd517 - if you set the app location setting to "always", does that resolve the issue and the boarding pass shows on the lock screen? I believe I have mine set to "while using the app" also, so this is something I will have to test out on my next flight.

--Jessica

njcalvin
Explorer C

I have been using the app on my samsung phone and now moved to iOS device, iPhone X. It was working pretty fine with my old samsung phone but now it is not showing the boarding pass on the lock screen of my new iPhone X. Can somebody please help me with it, skywestonline is working but south west is not working why?

https://paynjmcdirect.com/skywestonline/