Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: Boarding Pass Notifications on IPhone

afosterri
Explorer C

Definitely is putting things in the wrong place...attached to other southwest boarding passes from past trips. I moved the whole bundle up to the top so it is easier to fine. But this is still a nuisance. 

Ak1387
Explorer C

Mine also no longer works for southwest. Works for other airlines still

MarkHursh
Employee
Employee

Hi All,

Wanted to let you know that we are aware of this bug in the most recent version of the app.  We made a lot of changes in July to make the mobile boarding passes smarter and set us up well for future enhancements.  Unfortunately the lock screen bug got through all of our testing in the field.  We will fix the lock screen issue in our release planned for mid to late August.  So sorry about that!

Behind the scenes we also added some new smarts to the Apple Wallet and Google Pay mobile boarding passes so they now dynamically update with any changes to your departure gate, departure time, and boarding time.  We have a few specific scenarios where that is not happening such as for thru flights but we will also be fixing those issues in the August release.

Longer term these updates also will allow us to finally fix our problems with multi passenger mobile boarding passes later this year.  This is a huge focus for us as we know how frustrating it is to check-in with multiple passengers and navigate the current app limitations.  Fortunately we plan to remove those limitations later this year.  I've seen the new designs and I think you're going to love it!

So sorry for this lock screen bug but just wanted to let you know we're listening and constantly working to improve the apps for you.  This year so far we've added:

• In App Support Chat for Logged in Customers
  • Add/Edit Special Assistance info during booking and after booking
  • An offline mode while you're inflight in case the satellite connection isn't working so you can still watch the encrypted onboard free movie content
  • Add/edit your Rapid Reward Number, KTN, Redress Number
  • Add/edit your Passport details for International bookings
  • Apple Pay for Air Tickets and EarlyBird
  • PayPal for Air Tickets and EarlyBird
  • Android In App Reviews so we can get more feedback (we added this to the iOS apps last year)
  • Dynamic Apple Wallet and Goolge Pay Mobile Boarding passes for updates to gate, boarding time, and departure time

The team is constantly monitoring your app store and community feedback and working to improve your digital experiences.  Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts and for flying Southwest!

Mark Hursh

Director of Digital Customer Platforms - Marketing

chgoflyer
Aviator A

It looks like, from discussion elsewhere, iOS users are still having issues with this, despite installing the latest update on Aug. 14 (6.8.1). Did that update not address it?

Hansrandall
Explorer C

This is still an issue for me after the newest release.  I was just at Love Field and my boarding pass did not show on my lock screen. 

elijahbrantley
Aviator A

I have a theory that this is related to a new location setting option specifically in Apple Wallet.  I just changed my location settings to Always, and I am hoping that will resolve the error of the BP now showing on the lock screen.  Mine had been set to "Only while using the app."

I will test it tomorrow! Stay tuned.

-A List, Companion Pass holder

scbaker
Explorer C

I’m running the latest app (updates 8/14/19) and I’m still having this problem. Has it really been fixed for others or is this fix scheduled for a future update. You’re slowing down your own boarding process...

chgoflyer
Aviator A

As noted above by @MarkHursh , this is a known issue with the app. What remains unclear is if the Aug. 14th update should have fixed this (but appears to have not), or if an upcoming update will address the problem. Hopefully he'll drop in with some info. 

MarkHursh
Employee
Employee
Solution

Hi Everyone,

I checked in in with the team and the fix for the lock screen issue is taking a bit longer than we would like.  We have this tentatively targeted to resolve in our October release.   In August we were able to improve the Business Select Drink Coupon issue.  Now, we have a field directly on the iOS Wallet boarding pass to use when showing this to the flight attendant.

So sorry for the trouble on this one but thank you so much for your patience and for flying Southwest.

elijahbrantley
Aviator A

@MarkHursh Thx for the update. I do love the new drink coupon indicator on the mobile BP!

-A List, Companion Pass holder