Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: Boarding Pass Notifications on IPhone

therickaustin
Explorer C

It's now September and have to say, my Soutwest flight was less pleasant today due to this bug. Any ETA on resolution?

chgoflyer
Aviator A

@therickaustin wrote:

It's now September and have to say, my Soutwest flight was less pleasant today due to this bug. Any ETA on resolution?

From the most recent official reply, two posts above yours:

"We have this tentatively targeted to resolve in our October release."

In my opinion it's disappointing that the fix will seemingly take that long.

xxallen
Explorer C

It's very frustrating to see this not work for two months and have a resolution still be over a month away.

I checked the pass in iWallet for my flight out and the option "Suggest on Lock Screen" wasn't even listed.

I actually went through the detailed reset instructions you find for general issues with Wallet not displaying passes on the lock screen. Including the Reset Location Services step that resets ALL applications access to use Location Services. Uninstalled and re-installed the Southwest app.

THEN, I find this thread that it's the app.

Now, I'm back to accepting all the "Allow Access to Location" until everything else is back to where it was to begin with. And dealing with manually opening Wallet to display my pass.

Frustrating.

jksobonya
Aviator A

This is a first world problem if I ever heard one! I very rarely use the Apple Wallet to store my boarding passes, I always text or e-mail them to myself, open them, take screenshots so they are in my photos, and show them to TSA / the attendant when necessary. Never had a problem with this approach. 

Are we really at the point where we get 'annoyed' when we have to *open an app*? God forbid you have to *gasp* print out your boarding passes, how cumbersome 😉

(Actually, that might be preferable in this situation ... )

--Jessica

elijahbrantley
Aviator A

@jksobonya When you are used to something working a certain way and said way is a convenience feature, then yes...it is fair game to press for a resolution when said feature is broken.  First world problem or not.

Given that the feature saves several taps, I am still hoping for the fix in October.

-A List, Companion Pass holder

MarkHursh
Employee
Employee
Solution

Hi Community Friends!

I have good news...a tentative launch date for this fix.  We’re looking to get this released to production on October 11th.  As always, dates are subject to change.

My apologies again on this one.  It took a bit of time to uncover the root cause on this one.  Additionally we prioritized some other fixes to the boarding pass above this one so your experience was as smooth as possible.   

Hopefully everyone is enjoying the new dynamic mobile boarding passes which keep your gate, boarding time, and departure time all synced up now.  We have some other boarding pass goodness that we are working to test very soon.  Can’t wait to share that news out once we get back the real world testing results.  

Thanks again for everyone’s feedback and for your continued support of Southwest!

-Mark

chewbacca
Explorer B

App updated, and the “add to wallet” feature is no longer available on iOS 12.4. It worked on Monday, Oct 7, but not on Wednesday Oct 9 when my app updated. 

zakko75
Explorer C

I just update to the later version 6.10.0 that was released today and the issue has not been resolved. This is unacceptable. Should not take few months to fix an app glitch. False reassurance from Mark. 

Update 10/12/19: seems to be working today without any further app update, but the boarding pass in wallet looks the old way with the hard to read position #

elijahbrantley
Aviator A

@Jncjr  I am happy to report that this issue is resolved! I am at the airport now; I was able to add my BP to my Apple Wallet complete with the location-based notification on the home screen. 

-A List, Companion Pass holder

MBaum
Employee
Employee
Solution

Hi All -

Thank you for your continued patience with this feature. This is one of my favorite features and I can understand how frustrating this can be. The good news is that yes, it has been fixed with our October release. 

Whenever you are 2 hrs from your departure, your boarding pass can be viewed from your lock screen as it could before, when it is saved to your Apple Wallet or Google Pay wallet. 

We appreciate your business and hope to continue to serve your airline and app needs. 

Thanks

Michael