Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Boarding Pass Notifications on IPhone

Jncjr
Explorer C

I was able to add my boarding pass to apple wallet. The problem is it no longer shows up on my lock screen so I don’t have to look for it in wallet. This has only recently changed?

40 REPLIES 40

Re: Boarding Pass Notifications on IPhone

elijahbrantley
Aviator A

Note that the way Apple Wallet functions is that it will only show when you have the "Suggest on Lock Screen" option turned on for the boarding pass and are near or at the airport.  The visual on the lock screen is location-driven.

To double check whether that is set, click the three dots at the top right of the boarding pass in your Wallet.

With that said, I don't recall my lock screen notification displaying when I was at the airport on Monday like it usually does.  I can try again today, but I wonder if anyone else has noticed this?

-A List, Companion Pass holder

Abhadra
Explorer C

@elijahbrantley wrote:

Note that the way Apple Wallet functions is that it will only show when you have the "Suggest on Lock Screen" option turned on for the boarding pass and are near or at the airport.  The visual on the lock screen is location-driven.

To double check whether that is set, click the three dots at the top right of the boarding pass in your Wallet.

With that said, I don't recall my lock screen notification displaying when I was at the airport on Monday like it usually does.  I can try again today, but I wonder if anyone else has noticed this?

It is not an issue of not understanding Apple Wallet. This functionality has been working fine for ages and suddenly stopped working in July 2019. Southwest Boarding Passes no longer suggest on the lock screen when near the gate at the airport.

This is a bit inconvenient when boarding because it adds additional steps to getting your pass ready when in line to board. When everyone is slower, boarding is slower. 

Difficult to debug since problems manifest only during the time at the airport waiting for a flight.

Also, before could add boarding pass one at a time. Now it says “Add All” in SWA app. This adds them in backwards order to wallet. That means the wrong boarding pass is first when you have connecting flights. 

SWA please fix.. don’t make noob errors. 🙏🏼

elijahbrantley
Aviator A

I am at the airport now, and there is no notification on my lock screen like normal...like you are reporting!

I do know the latest version of the app update launched a new boarding pass look. I wonder if that has impacted the lock screen notification. 

-A List, Companion Pass holder

CFNXIII
Explorer C

Same problem here. I literally just boarded my first flight since the 6.7.2 iOS app update.  The  boarding pass is no longer showing on my lock screen. All of the other notifications seem to be working (your boarding position is, flight now boarding, etc...) This really takes away the convenience of using the mobile boarding pass.  Southwest please fix this.  

Andyrmullins
Explorer C

Same issue for me. Joined this forum because it inadvertantly stopped working. No software upgrade or anything. Just stopped working in July. 

Subscribing to to this post to see if there is something to resolve the issue. 

“Suggest on lock screen” is turned on and everything. 

Mecreegan
Explorer C

I have the same issue on my last several Southwest trips.  The pass is added to the Wallet, but it’s not prompting on the lock screen (though I’m specifically confirming the setting on the pass).  For me, it’s going to a strange place in my wallet, so even in there, it’s a pain to retrieve manually.  Also, I’ve done a trip on another airline among my Southwest trips with this issue, and the other airline passes all worked exactly as I’ve been used to...so I don’t think it’s my phone.

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

Location services on for the app and/or wallet?

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

Mecreegan
Explorer C

Southwest app set to Always. Conversely, United app set to While Using, but no issues with my United passes.

Savannahajck
Explorer C

+1. Please fix.