Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Boarding Pass on iOS not showing up in Notifications

juestkd
Explorer C

I always use the Mobile app on my iPhone, the boarding pass would show up on as a notification to check for the flight without having to open my Mobile wallet.  I had a recent flight but did not receive any notifications.  I had to open my wallet to get access to the boarding pass.  Anyone have this issues?  I've check my setting and location is turned on as well as notifications.  

18 REPLIES 18

Re: Boarding Pass on iOS not showing up in Notifications

dfwskier
Aviator A

I'm on android as opposed to IOS. No problems, here.

juestkd
Explorer C

It might be an iPhone issue or maybe its just me and I missed a setting.  Just checking to see if anyone else has this issue.  Thanks.

SWDigits
Aviator A
You may want to use the chat function within the app to see if they have any suggestions/setting checks for you. Response time should be pretty fast.

Customer | Home airport DCA

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

Was this for a particular airport? I've had this work well for me most times and I'm trying to remember if there was one where it didn't in case there is a flukey combination of timing or location where it doesn't pop up for some reason.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

ZevSupport
Frequent Flyer A

Mind if I hop in?

Could you clarify what iOS you're running, and if the app is fully up-to-date? Maybe try uninstalling and then reinstalling as this resets any iOS prompts (notification settings).

Keep us posted,

Community Champion | PHL based | ex-Companion Pass Holder | Southwest Passenger

Clemenko
Explorer C

I have the same issue. I have removed and reinstalled the app. I am on iOS 12.4. I am in RDU and it is not working. It was not working in BWI on Monday. Curiously I do not see the Southwest app in the Privacy --> Location settings on iOS. 

AvKrayez
Explorer A

Late to the party here but figured I would chime in. I noticed this happening to me beginning in August and for each of the 20 flights I boarded in Aug and Sep. I reloaded the iOS on my device, deleted and reinstalled the app, same result. I have checked everything in settings for location, notifications and suggestions on lock screen. 

That would lead me to assume it’s something with newer iOS versions in conjunction with newer version of the app. 

I agree, shaking and waking and having the boarding pass shortcut right there is super convenient. 

NicoleAshley
Employee
Employee

We're so sorry for the frustration. How many Passengers were on the itinerary? 

Nicole
Community Manager

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

I’m getting the same thing with one person @NicoleAshley 

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.