Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: Boarding With Your Companion - Testing, Testing!

cybrandt
Explorer C

So how did it work out? I would LUV to have this! 

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

@LindseyD any word if this program was extended? 

kolican
Explorer C

I really hope this gets implemented across the board. I just got the companion pass and it would be so much nicer if I my husband and I were able to board at the same time instead of trying to either save a seat or figure something else out if we want to sit together.  Fingers crossed this is a permanent thing. 🙂  Thanks!

gg4
Explorer C

Hello! Are you able to provide an update on how this test turned out? Will Southwest be implementing this nationwide or hold off until further testing?

Thank you!

LindseyD
Retired Community Manager

@gg4,

I don't have any updates for you at this time on the data collected from the testing. I can tell you that based on reactions from the Community, the idea is being well-received. Our focus is always to create a travel experience that Customers enjoy, so every bit of feedback we get here and elsewhere is helpful!

stuntpk
Explorer C

This would be helpful for a nationwide rollout. I am A-List Preferred and have a companion pass. My companion(s) don't fly as much as I do and have 0 status. It is hard to try to save a seat or bin space when they board in the B or C group. (Yes even when I call in at exactly 24 hours ahead to check in for them.) paying for Early bird check in does not seem to help moving them up the line much at all either.

Thanks.

PK

KimVanderKley
Frequent Flyer C

I ditto

the community comments

i am please swa ran the test

@16fseataFFBK

krafty81
Adventurer C

This would be great. It seems crazy that companions board so far behind their sponsors. I will never be a seat-saver, so it makes for some worrisome moments hoping that your companion gets a seat nearby.

rogo0408
Explorer C

Is there an update to the boarding of a couple with one having a-list?  Can both board together?

chgoflyer
Aviator A

@rogo0408 wrote:

Is there an update to the boarding of a couple with one having a-list?  Can both board together?

There's been no official adoption of the previously tested Companion boarding policy as of yet.

To be clear, this applied only when the 2nd passenger was the named Companion of the primary passenger, who was the Companion Pass holder.