Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Boarding With Your Companion - Testing, Testing!

LindseyD
Retired Community Manager

Hey Southwest Community! 

Boarding is a hot topic in the forum, and one idea we've seen repeatedly brought up in discussion is the idea of boarding with your Companion. Well, we're going to test it out! 

From October 18 to November 8, 2017, we will be testing Companion Holders and their designated Companion boarding simultaneously, regardless of the Companion's boarding position, IF they bring their Companion card. The test will include Companion Pass Holders that are flying out of Denver or Dallas only. The Companion Card must be presented to the Operations Agent at the time of boarding. If you get to participate, leave a note on this thread. We'd love to hear what you think!

The feedback you provide us on the Community truly does make difference. Keep it coming! 

19 REPLIES 19

Re: Boarding With Your Companion - Testing, Testing!

mtully12345
Explorer C

My wife has misplaced her companion pass card. We'd like to take advantage of this new program on a flight we have to Tampa next Friday 10/27. Can we please receive a replacement card for her?

Thank you.

LindseyD

Hi @mtully12345,

For a replacement Companion Pass Card, please contact Rapid Rewards Customer Service at 1-800-445-5764. Also, keep in mind the test is being conducted on flights in or out of Dallas and Denver. 

alek
Explorer A

Have you thought about having a "printable" companion pass available on the website ...

This would be especially useful if you switch Companions - saves Southwest the phone call and printing/sending the updated one - i.e. tastes great AND less filling!    😉

mtully12345
Explorer C

So, I just called that number and spoke with a representative who told me to go the website and request a replacement companion pass. I don't see anywhere on the website to do that? Help!

LindseyD

Hi @mtully12345,

I'm sorry you were redirected. Call our Customer Relations Department at 1-855-234-4654. A Representative will request a new card for you. It takes about 2 weeks to process the order, and unfortunately there is no way to expedite it. 

mtully12345
Explorer C

That worked great. Replacement card on the way. 
Thank you for your help.

Much appreciated.

chgoflyer
Aviator A

To be clear:

This test applies only to flights departing from Denver or Dallas. Here's the official notification:

As a loyal Rapid Rewards® Member with Companion Pass, we're excited to share with you that from October 18 through November 8, we're conducting a test in your market that allows your Companion to board with you on your flight.

Here's what you need to know:

• Have your Companion stand with you at your assigned boarding position
  • You must present your valid Companion Pass card along with your boarding pass to the gate agent at time of boarding
  • Your Companion's name and the name on their boarding pass must match your Companion card
  • Only flights between October 18 and November 8 are eligible
  • Only flights departing from Denver or Dallas (Love Field) are eligible

We look forward to seeing you and your Companion onboard soon!

Sincerely,
Your friends at Rapid Rewards®

chgoflyer
Aviator A

Can you clarify what you mean by "flying in or out"? I assume you actually mean only flying out of those two cities?

You can fly in to either city from many,  many places in the Southwest system, but I doubt Ops agents at all those various airports will have received training on this test. 😉

ILuvFlying
Explorer C

I hope the test went well and is successfully adopted for all locations in the near future!  As an A_Lister Preferred, this is one extra benefit I have been hoping to see happen Heart