Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Boarding flights purchased before A-List status obtained

bmilehigh
Explorer C

Hi,

My apologies if this has been asked before. I read something about my issue a few months ago on this board, but I failed to save it and my searches haven't brought back the answer today.

I currently have 22 segments this year, and I will have 25 after an outbound trip to Mexico City in October. I have two other round trips booked after the Mexico City trip. I thought I read that if I have purchased flights before becoming a A List member, my A List status will not appear on a boarding pass. Is this true? If so, how would I go about verifying that I am an A List person at the gate so I could board after the A group? 

Finally, if what I thought I read is true, any suggestions you would have for being able to verify my A List status while in Mexico City so that I could take advantage of earlier boarding for my return flight would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance for your help!

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Boarding flights purchased before A-List status obtained

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A
Solution

Once your status has posted on your account (usually within 24 hours of completing the qualifying flight) give Southwest a call, or if you're out of the country it might be easier to contact a rep via direct message on Twitter (@SouthwestAir) and ask to confirm that your new status is represented on the reservations you already had booked. That should take care of it. As long as you do this 36+ hours before your next flight you should get the benefit of an A boarding position on that flight (assuming you don't have more than 45 A Listers on the flight).

Re: Boarding flights purchased before A-List status obtained

bmilehigh
Explorer C

Thanks very much! I appreciate the input, and I'll get in touch with Southwest while I'm in Mexico City.