Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Boarding tip

Dem3250
Explorer C
Due to the current situation might be a good idea when doing the boarding announcement to encourage passengers to provide at least 6 feet distance from other passengers. I flew from Dallas to Houston today and although there were only 26 passengers a group tended to bunch up in a small cluster waiting to board.
3 REPLIES 3

Re: Boarding tip

dfwskier
Aviator A
Solution

Good suggestion.

However, since this is a customer to customer forum, the airline may not hear it here.

Here's how you can give Southwest your suggestion:

https://www.southwestaircommunity.com/t5/Knowledge-Base/Submitting-a-Suggestion-and-or-Complaint/ta-...

Flying_Slug
Adventurer A

Given that there were only 26 passengers on that flight, I wonder: did they all receive an "A" boarding group?

Normally, Southwest's boarding process requires forming a line next to those posts/markers* that are located right outside the boarding gate. Unless the boarding process has changed very recently, I don't see how passengers can keep 6 feet from each other without losing their boarding position.

I suppose one possible solution is to stay a safe distance away from the group of boarding passengers, and then board last. If the plane is lightly booked, there should still be plenty of seats to choose from.

*- By the way: does anyone know how far apart those posts/markers are?

gsking
Aviator C
Solution

The boarding process has been revised in my experience to be a single line, 6 ft. apart, no order.   With enough seats for everyone to get their own row, with space in between, boarding order isn't an issue.