Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: Boarding with children

Emy2023
Explorer C

Well thank you all for the replies. I did purchase the early bird.  IF my family can not board all together (they should call it partial family boarding 😉) then early bird is the next best thing for trying to get my kids on as soon as possible.  Considering I've spent almost $3000 for round trip tickets for my whole family its kind of crazy that I would still need to worry about this kind of stuff, and I can't afford more for business fare so I've done all I can do. My older kids have severe peanut allergy, my husband and I carry their epis and they cannot self administer so whatever southwest needs to do, whether allowing me to save seats, asking for people to move or whatever, they'll have to accommodate my children being with me and my husband in close proximity at least.  Unless they'd like to ask other passengers if they're willing to stick epis and hold my kids barf bags in case of emergency 😆

Re: Boarding with children

Scottme41
Explorer C

Before my last flight with Southwest I would have agreed with you about the flight attendants helping you to get some seats together for you and kids but not now. We had a flight attendant who didn’t care one bit about us and was going to allow my grandson to cry the whole flight because he was separated from my wife and I. I too purchased the early bird check in and was in group A for all of us however southwest changed our flights because our original flight was delayed and we would have missed our connecting flight. When they changed our flight we lost our early bird status and were the last to board creating only single seats to choose from. My wife asked about the possibility of asking someone to switch so my grandson could sit with one of us but he joked about it and did nothing. My grandson ended up getting upset and crying and luckily a kind gentleman switched to allow my wife to sit with my grandson. So if I were you I would count on help from the flight attendants. Check in as soon as possible for your flights so you get the earliest possible boarding group. Also don’t change your flights because you will lose your early bird status.