Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Boarding

1TSANFORD
Explorer C

I'm fairly new to this. The last time I flew I was able to scan from my phone. How does Earlybird actually work. I have purchased this and am uncertain how it works. Do I still print boarding pass at the kiosk? Also, do they allow locks on your luggage and will bringing a wooden cane on board be a problem? Sorry but I got inpatient waiting for an agent to answer. Thanks 

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Boarding

dfwskier
Aviator A
Solution

@1TSANFORD wrote:

I'm fairly new to this. The last time I flew I was able to scan from my phone. How does Earlybird actually work. I have purchased this and am uncertain how it works. Do I still print boarding pass at the kiosk? Also, do they allow locks on your luggage and will bringing a wooden cane on board be a problem? Sorry but I got inpatient waiting for an agent to answer. Thanks 

Moning.

Early bird check in simply means that you don't need to check in becasue Southwest will do it for you. You can obtain your boarding pass at an airport kiosk, or print it at home, or get it on your cell phone via the Southwest app.

If you are asking aboout locks for checked bags,  those locks should  be TSA approved locks  as TSA has the ability unock those locks to inspect baggage contents.

I'm not sure about your cane.

Have a good flight.

rtbarron
Frequent Flyer A
Solution

@dfwskier wrote:

@1TSANFORD wrote:

will bringing a wooden cane on board be a problem?

I'm not sure about your cane.

All good advice from @dfwskier.

The cane will be fine.

George3
Explorer C

Best Boarding Experience In A Lifetime

On the 7/19/18 flight #2363, the 1st Officer came out of the cockpit and helped me get  my wife out of her wheelchair at the plane door. I've flown for over 50 years and have never had this experience. Unfortunately, I was unable to get his name. Please let him know my apperciation