Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: Boarding

LindseyD
Retired Community Manager

@Vapor6,

Publishing the same post in multiple locations is considered spamming. You've received responses in both places this comment has been published, so I will leave them this time, but in the future, duplicates will be removed. 

DfDrPepper_23
Frequent Flyer C

@Vapor6

I agree with your comments you left a few days ago about your opinions. There is no guarantee about the purchase along with the early bird services. So, can I say "Amen"?

Hopes things goe well.. I also stay away from spirit airlines, cause of the worse services when it comes to the employees. That is the truth.

There will be another name brand airlines that may provide the best services for you hopefully.

Slboyd
Explorer C

I just traveled with my brother and we both booked at the same time with early bird check in and did not board together, about 10-15 # apart each way.  I did save a set for him which didn’t seem to be a problem for any one.. Good luck

ronnyradio
Adventurer A

"Sorry to hear that you do not plan to fly Southwest again. Some people love Southwest. Others hate it. Apparently you are in the later camp.

However, lots of others don't share your feelings as Southwest has the highest customer satisfaction numbers and passenger count in the country.

Enjoy your future travels on whichever carrier you choose."

Geez, what was the purpose of this? Do you work for SWA or just an apologist? Obviously the OP knows that a ton of people love SWA but it does't work for him and his group and their policies (idiotic in his opinion) have cost them 700K annually. SWA should know this - and now they do.

dfwskier
Aviator A

@

Geez, what was the purpose of this? Do you work for SWA or just an apologist? Obviously the OP knows that a ton of people love SWA but it does't work for him and his group and their policies (idiotic in his opinion) have cost them 700K annually. SWA should know this - and now they do.

I guess that I'll shoot the same question back at ya:  "Geez, what was the purpose of this? 

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@ronnyradio wrote:

I'm skeptical that if this group has been traveling in the past that they don't already have go-to airlines, so it wouldn't be accurate to say all of their travel was in play necessarily - anyway, the policies that "cost" $700k in this case have earned Southwest much more from the many customers ( >120 million annually) that have embraced their way of doing business.

That said they would always hope for a few more, and setting up this community is one path to help people new to the airline or infrequent travelers to gain a comfort level and become repeat customers. 

The OP didn't seem to be very interested in adapting to the system or learning any alternate approaches though - why did he post here if not to get some sort of feedback or audience?

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

DancingDavidE
Aviator A
Solution

@precious8990460 wrote:

I'm planning on our trip in October for a family of 7 . It would be me , my grown daughter and 2 adult boys and girlfriend and my sister and her boyfriend . We would love to be able to sit atleast near each other . My plan is to book all at the same time if possible with early bird check in . Do you believe it would be possible to board the same time. 

This thread got a lot more complicated than it needs to be.

If you buy EBCI for everyone you should be boarding together or nearly together - if there are a couple of small gaps you can just let those people go ahead of you. 

Otherwise pair up and you will definitely be able to sit together. If you find it necessary to hold a few seats by the first of your group to board, do it towards the back and there shouldn't be much stress about it.

Have a plan in place how the seven people would be arranged since the rows are 3 seats per side. (3x3x1, 2x3x2, 3-3 all in one row and your sister's crazy boyfriend can fend for himself Smiley Very Happy etc...)

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.